Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank

• Submitted: Fri, April 29, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 29, 2005

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Cross Country Bank
P O Box 310731 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Cross Country Bank This is a scam! I didn't even activate this card. Boca Raton Florida

First,I got a call from one of their hispanic telemarketer with very strong acccent offering me a card. I said I don't want it but she just kept going on and on reading whatever she was reading and talking about this credit card offer. I could barely understand what she was saying so I told her before she continues, you need to tell me interest and annual fee charge and all that.

She couldn't even understand my question! She put her supervisor on the phone to answer my question but this guy was just bad as she was. Anyway, I asked him
how much it's going to cost me total to get this card. He said all you have to pay is 50 doller account opening fee and we'll give you $1500 credit. I have other credit card charged me annual fee of $25 or less so I didn't think nothing of it.

I figured I just don't activate it if it doesn't sound good. It was almost impossible to ask these two about everything. I thought as long as I don't activate the card, I have no obligation to pay. She never told me there is $10 monthly fee or anything like that on the phone.

So,I told her I'd like to read all the fine prints before I accept this offer and asked her "If I don't take it,it don't cost me nothing,right?" she said, "That's right."

2 weeks later, It came and by then I didn't want it specially after I found out what kind of interest they are charging and what is this $10 monthly maintenance fee???? I called the customer service and told the lady that I don't want to activate this card and asked her to just cancell it.

she said if i don't want it just cut it up and send it back to them. I followed her instruction.
Next thing, I get a letter from a supervisor saying she just recieved the card and closed the account but I'm still responsible to pay off what I owe... Owe what????
I didn't even open this annount!

on the same day I got a bill asking for $60. That's when I realized this is a scam! I sent them a check for the amount with a nasty letter. I told her I already filed a complaint against them with BBB which I really did, also that I will sue them if they ever call me and bother me again. I just can't believe they get away with this.

I just found this site today and stunned to find out how many people they hurt. Hopefully,They will leave me alone. I wish all of you luck.

Jj
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2005 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Bank/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Cross-Country-Bank-This-is-a-scam-I-didnt-even-activate-this-card-Boca-Raton-Florida-140970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Bank