Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank

• Submitted: Sun, March 21, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, March 21, 2004

• Reported By:Escondido California
Cross Country Bank
P.O. Box 10008 Huntington, West Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Cross Country Bank Credit card over limit fees drove my bill up to 200% of my credit limit Huntington West Virginia

Though it has been a year since my last contact with this bank I couldn't resist including my bad run in with them. I had a credit card with them for about 3 years. I made a purchase from one of those "As seen on TV" sales pitch. I gave a call and places my order. A couple of months following my purchase I saw charges on my card for a consumer savings plan group and a vacation savings group or clubs to the total sum of $200.00 to which I did not request.

It seems an unscruplulous operator trying to increase their sales quota put those charges to my card I did not authorize. That drove my card over the $1000.00 limit I had amassed with good credit and on time payment increases. I immediately contacted them about these charges and was told I needed to call these companies.

One was very coperative and the other I had to threaten with the BBS. I had the charges overturned which should have brought me back down below my limit. Cross Country Bank had levied over the limit charges and interest charges in the mean time that kept my card over their limit. They were suppose to refund the OLC and interest made by the unauthorized purchases. It s****. />
The reason that took me over the time limit was the second company that charged me stalled thier refund. My over the limit charges and interest fees grew. I had some financial problems with my ex wife at the time and could make only the minimum payment, that was not helping. I wanted to revive my negative credit caused by my divorce and thought that by at least making a minimum payment it would show my good intention. Only to find out that about $5.00 of my payments was applies to my debt and that kept the monster growing. Making a long story short, by the time I had enough of their b.s. my over the limit fees and interest charges had put me $1200.00 over the limit.

I filed protest after protest and kept being turned down. I finally stopped sending them money after 1 and a half years of trying to pay off the debt. By my estimates I payed them back the $1000.00 I owed originally and let them eat the rest. Though my credit is still in the toilet I have peace of mind in my efforts to clear the debt. The bank was heartless and uncooperative by not following through with their refund they said they would give if I cleared up the charges made by the "As Seen On TV" order taker.

Escondido, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2004 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Bank/Huntington-West-Virginia-25770/Cross-Country-Bank-Credit-card-over-limit-fees-drove-my-bill-up-to-200-of-my-credit-limit-84788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Bank