Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank

Cross Country Bank
Nationwide U.S.A.

Cross Country Bank Scams Another Innocent Consumer

*Consumer Suggestion: What I Recomend

I feel Cross Country Bank is a "Rip-Off" because I opened an account with them with good intent and in the end they left me with more debt than I had before opening my account with them.

To make a long story short: As I understood my contract, Cross Country gets your authorization before extending credit limits and approving credit limits. Cross Country had extended a credit approval of over 1,000 without my approval. That was $600 dollars more than my agreement at the present time. The interest on over a thousand dollars built up to over $500, leaving me with a bill for about $1,500 that I couldn't even begin to pay,in my debt.

If there is any legal help or advice I could obtain to get this creditor off my report, please email me as soon as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Bank/nationwide/Cross-Country-Bank-Scams-Another-Innocent-Consumer-8362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

What I Recomend

AUTHOR: Sean - (U.S.A.)

I would recomend that you pull all your reports from all the credit bureaus to find out where it is listed, unless of course you already know. With a copy of the original contract agreement available to you (in the event it is needed), contact all credit agencies where it is listed and follow their dispute process. Once this process is in motion, the company must prove the validity of the debt(generally by way of the contract and billing information). If they fail to do so within 30 days, you need to demand that the credit agency immediately remove the information from your record. They must maintain correct information in your report, however they don't find out unless you tell them because the companies that report you just don't care. I hope this helps in some way...good luck.