Complaint Review: Cross Country Moving & Storage, Inc

• Updated: Fri, April 27, 2012

• Reported By: scs — Silver Spring Maryland United States of America
Cross Country Moving & Storage, Inc
1089 Taft St Rockville, Maryland United States of America

Cross Country Moving & Storage, Inc I hired Cross Country moving & storage to move me on March 1, 2011. They broke a glass cabinet of mine. Rockville, Maryland

I hired Cross Country Moving and Storage to move me across town from Laurel, MD to Silver Spring MD on March 2011. The company gave me a quote of $350, but when I received the final invoice it was $851.  They had all my items on the truck and didn't unload until I paid.  When they unloaded, the crew of three men, broke a glass cabinet I had, and they immediately took a picture, and gave me the phone number of the office.

I called the office, and the "manager" gave me the number of an insurance (and I use the term lightly) company to contact.  I called them. They sent me a form, I completed the form.  Thirty days later, I got it in the mail again, stating I had to attach the original Bill of Laden with it.  However, on our initial conversation, he told me he had it.  So I redid the form, sent the Bill of Laden, and then NEVER heard back from them. [continued below]....
.....

I called them, and they said it was in processing, then I called and it was given to Mr. Green.  I "talked" to Mr. Green.  After each repeated phone call Mr. Green was not available, and I spoke to Tina.  On October, 2011 I spoke to Tina again, and she said the request was put in again.  I asked for the name of the owner/manager/director.  The names provided to me were Mary Richards, Exec. Director, and Margaret Lombardi, Director.  They were NEVER available either.

I left my name for them to call, but never heard from them.  in late October 2011 I called again, and Tina said that she'd have one of them call me.  They never called.  I finally contacted the Office of the Attorney General and started a formal complaint with them.  I am working with a Mr. Bralove, who has sent me a letter, and also called me once, saying they told him my claim had been satisfied.  Today April, 2012, I haven't heard back from Mr. Bralove, nor the company.  Do not use this moving company, they are a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Moving-Storage-Inc/Rockville-Maryland-20850/Cross-Country-Moving-Storage-Inc-I-hired-Cross-Country-moving-storage-to-move-me-on-874702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Moving & Storage, Inc