comfort

• Updated: Fri, April 15, 2011

• Reported By: Brian — owings mills Maryland United States of America
Cross Country Moving and Storage
1089 Taft St rockville MD 20850 rockville, Maryland United States of America

Cross Country Moving and Storage aaa quality moving SCAM out of money for moving services bait and switch packing and materials rental blankets rockville, Maryland

I shopped around for moving companies and decided to go with AAA Moving and storage in Rockville MD. They offered me a flat rate to move a three bedroom house of $75 per hour with for a total of 5 hours a written quote was emailed to be for $375. I agreed with term asking if there were any hidden costs or charges. I asked specifically if they had any charges such as fuel surcharge, packing materials, or any other strange hidden charges before agreeing to $375 quote.  The day of the move they arrived 5 mins late and asked me to sign a document stating what time they arrived and that I didnt want additional coverage insurance and another document stating that they Didnt encourage tips, but standard tips are 10-15% I signed it stating I was ok with that, it was general statement. At the end of the move they stated that I owed them a tip of $200 or it will be charged to my card. After the mover filled the truck in less then 1. [continued below]....
.....5 hrs we when to my new house. They presented me with a bill for $781.20 and demanded I pay it or they will hold my belongings. I was outraged I called the police and they came and review the contact and It turned out they changed me an additional $300 for packing materials and fuel. The police officer stated that this is a huge scam and that he sees it everyday but other movers, he said the best thing is to pay it take civil actions against the company.  I booked with AAA moving and storage and they send Cross Country Moving and Storage, I had called Cross Country Moving got the same rate but I saw they had many complaints online on BBB and Rip Off report listed, AAA moving had none.  I didnt want to do business with them. I ended up with the Scammer anyways without my consent.  I called back to AAA moving and storage to report the issue and they hung up the phone on me several times and refused to respond to m y calls. I have reported this to my bank where I paid the $781.20 and $100 deposit.  I dont like being scammed out my money, Im on a fixed income and cant afford to loose any money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Moving-and-Storage/rockville-Maryland-20850/Cross-Country-Moving-and-Storage-aaa-quality-moving-SCAM-out-of-money-for-moving-services-717941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Moving and Storage