Complaint Review: Cross Marketting, Incorporated And Sights On Service, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 18, 2011

• Reported By:Irving Texas
Cross Marketting, Incorporated And Sights On Service, Inc.
620 Mendelssohn Ave N, Suite 191 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Cross Marketting, Incorporated And Sights On Service, Inc. MoneyGram Scam Minneapolis Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: It is a scam!

I was searching for a job and I came across this mystery shopping ad and I was so excited about it because it was the first time I had come across a mystery shopping opportunity that did not ask me for money for training.

I recieved an e-mail about my first assignment. I was to recieve two moneygram money orders and go cash them, take out 10% from each money order, then go to a MoneyGram or WesternUnion location with the left over money and get two more money orders and send them to another mystery shopper in training in a neighboring city/state.

I was very hesitant about the money orders because I have heard about moneygram scams. I took the money orders down to my bank and talked to them about it. They inspected the money orders and reassured me that they looked completely legit. They said they could deposit them into my account and if they were in fact good money orders, they would post on Tuesday with no problem.

Now, I have no doubt these money orders are legit, but my concern, now that I started thinking about it, is what if this "company" is having me send money orders to someone for payment of some illegal activity. It wouldn't be traced to them, it would be traced to me.

I do not know what to do with the money in my account now. I have contacted the "company" about my concern, but no response yet. I do not want to send these money orders to anyone, or back to the "company" in case it's dealing with something illegal. What should I do?

Lauren
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Marketting-Incorporated-And-Sights-On-Service-Inc/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55427/Cross-Marketting-Incorporated-And-Sights-On-Service-Inc-MoneyGram-Scam-Minneapolis-Minn-473287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Marketting, Incorporated And Sights On Service, Inc.

It is a scam!

AUTHOR: Secretshopper.com - (U.S.A.)

It is a scam; it does not have anything to do with our company, Sights on Service or Secretshopper.com.

Please go to our website at www.secretshopper.com to read more how to avoid these scams in the future. Legitimate companies have no reason to ask shoppers to send them money or charge you money. All our services for shoppers are FREE.  If you get an offer that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Mystery shopping is a legitimate business, but only if you are dealing with legitimate companies. Don't get scammed. If you receive a cashiers check in the mail, with a request to wire money to someone, don't do it! Contact your local authorities and the FBI...and fax a copy of the
materials you receive to MSPA (Mystery Shopping Providers Association) at