Complaint Review: Crossmark

• Updated: Fri, June 21, 2013

• Reported By: Bitter — Stillwater Oklahoma
Crossmark
820 S Hightower St Nationwide USA

Crossmark Do not even consider CrossMark for a job Oklahoma City Oklahoma Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: don't work for free!

I became employed with CrossMark about a month and a half ago. Boy, I didn't realize I was going to work for free. I was working as a vendor with certain items such as trading cards, food items, clip strips, hygiene, etc When I started this job I was told the hours would be 15 to 20 hours a week. The hours is what really attracted me since I am military retired and just needed a little extra to make it through the month and for savings. Somehow I am working 6 days a week and only working 25 hours a week which as turned into a 40+ hour week. How is that you ask? I tell you this, first off you have to do your scheduling and it sounds simple but it isn't. I have three stores and one of those is out of town. So, I spend about an hour juggling around different days with the times allotted for the jobs. . Then, you have to click one thing and print to bring up what you actually have to do. Really? 15 pages for one job? Then you have to jump to another menu to find what exactly do you have to look at complete with pictures. You have little tiny written words for your city and state. Usually I have one item out of say 5 pages, but you have to scan all 5 pages to find that one item. Cut and paste that one item. I might have 30 some tasks for each job..well lets just say I have gone through an entire toner. I am also a college student and I do not go through a toner through the whole semester and I am constantly printing out research articles. Going through each job listing and printing can take well over 2 hours to get that done so far three hours I do not get paid for. Then you get your materials in the mail and sort everything out..another 45 minutes without pay. Finally you are on your way to your job. The trading cards traditionally only give me only an 45 minutes to an hour. Really? Beckett, the trading card company will only pay for the time allotted but they want to take things off for return, place new items up and then switch cards around to a different spot, and then change the price tags. Uh yeah ..free work again. Last week, I worked with my boss doing a reset on the trading cards and it was a nightmare. From the minute we started he started belittling me. I started to get very nervous and then I really started messing up which then he got worse and he got really loud. When he went to lunch the cashier that was behind us asked me if I was okay. She said that I should never put up with someone talking to me like that, and she said the customers were really upset with the way he was talking to me. At the end he grabbed my camera and started snapping pictures of the display. He said everything has to be in each place or else they will get a phone call. By the time I got out of there I was mentally exhausted. He walked me outside and he said you know you have to work at your own pace as if he was trying to be nice after he ripped me up in front of the cashiers and the customers. Tonight I decided this is it, I am done. This is what happened to me tonight and this is why this is my last night. I am a new vendor and no one has touched the Beckett cards for almost 2 months. So you know many of the cards should have been returned several times over but they are still on the shelves. The person who did the cards before me had the whole thing changed around from the way they should have been arranged. Uh yeah, I started at 3 and got through at 11:30. Do you really think I am going to get paid for that? NO. I am stupid that is all I have to say. The papers they give you showing where things are to be placed, The upc's are tiny and I cannot see the numbers. Hello, I was a supply sergeant in the Army for 10 years and I know how to read the numbers without reading the whole numbers. All the UPC's are ran together without any reason or Rhyme to it. The picture of the items are worthless. I knew everything had to be in each place or they would get a call so that Is why I worked all those hours to get the display right, and now I wish I would not have been so stupid to allow that to go since I knew I was not going to get paid for it. The time really flew by and didn't realize I had been working on the cards for that many hours. I still had other tasks to complete but I just give up. For several tasks they only give you 30 min to pack-out items and coordinate a display. 30 min? Huh. I am 54 years old and I spent 10 years in the military and I swore I would never let anyone ever belittle me like my boss did, but, I put up with it, and again I am stupid for allowing it to go on. If you think the pay is great and the hours are great..think again. .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 10:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crossmark/nationwide/Crossmark-Do-not-even-consider-CrossMark-for-a-job-Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-Nationwide-1061173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crossmark

don't work for free!

AUTHOR: IamAnon - ()

I'm really sorry to hear about your BAD experience.  It takes adjusting to but one thing I learned quickly was to use - if you have one - a smart phone and save your files as pdf's so you don't print everything out, only those things that either a) must be signed and b) you'll use repeatedly and really need to print.  Also, the thing with Beckett, which I've been doing for a few years, is:  it's effed up!  You can go over time if you explain it and you can submit for administrative time, that is time you spend organizing schedule and such that's not associated with a project.  They don't make it apparent but please ask your super about how to do it using Crossmark Connect or I can send you an email with instructions.

Xmark is doing all they can do squeeze work out of us and it doesn't feel good.  They are centralizing the retail supervisors in Plano so they don't get cozy with the field reps and can be dicks without feeling bad about it. I have been continually job searching with no luck bc I really hate this job.  Not only the work but the HUGE amount of waste and the mindless consumerism which is not my nature.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  Hope something here helped tho.  Good luck!