inevitably

• Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Lana — Acworth Georgia USA
Crow, Inc
83 Raafenberg Rd, Internet United States of America

Crow, Inc Hans J. Schindhelm-Master Restorer Master of Deceit and misinformation--worst customer service ever- Claims to restore Hummels but keeps them instead. Internet

*Author of original report: Finally

*Author of original report: Lie

*Author of original report: Still waiting

*Author of original report: Where's My Hummel?

*Author of original report: Where's my Hummel Mr Shindhelm?

*Author of original report: My Hummel Figurine NOT repaired & returned

*Author of original report: If my Hummel has been returned, I don't have it!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Repair Finshed, Item Returned To Owner

I sent a Hummel figurine that was my Mother's to Crow, Inc.  My mother passeds away in March of 2011 and I received her Hummel collection.  One of the Hummels called "Carnival" needed a repair of a piece that was broken off.  After searching on line for a company that does this type of thing.  I chose Crow, Inc.

I sent the Hummel to Mr. Schindhelm on October 8, 2011 for an estimate to restore it.  After receiving his estimate and contract, I sent a check for $203.25 on November 7, 2011 and contracted him to do the restoration and repair.  He cashed my check on November 14, 2011. I was prepared to wait for the repair for 6-12 months as stated in the contract.

After 6 months, I tried to maintain contact with My Schindhelm for an estimate of how much longer it would take.  I kept getting his pat answer of" be patient and I will expedite your order".  Over and over,

this was his response.  However, since June 05, 2012, I have not received an answer to emails or phone messages.

This appears to be a business that uses it's internet advertising to take advantage of trusting people who mail their treasured Hummels to Mr. Schindhelm and rarely get them back.  I also got the story about the flood and snow storm.  I am angry at being conned but I am most heart-sick over the loss of this Hummel.

I would advise anyone looking for a restoration of a Hummel to hire someone else.  This company can not be trusted.  When I checked on the references that were given by Mr. Schindhelm, on line, none of them had ever heard of him or his company.  Too bad I didn't check them first.  Lesson learned.  Don't fall for this web advertising.

I have contacted the Attorney General of New York and the Better Business Bureau.  Even if I don't get my Hummel back, hopefully this business won't scam anyone else because the word is out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crow-Inc/internet/Crow-Inc-Hans-J-Schindhelm-Master-Restorer-Master-of-Deceit-and-misinformation-worst-cu-954658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crow, Inc

Finally

AUTHOR: Lana - ()

After 2 and 1/2 years, I finally have my Hummel back and repaired.  It is flawless.
I can't say I would ever use Crow again because of the poor communication and customer service but at least my matter is settled and I am pleased.

I am so glad this is over.

Lie

AUTHOR: Lana - ()

This is a lie.  I do not have my Hummel.  Neither repaired nor returned.

Still waiting 17 months, later.

Still waiting

AUTHOR: Lana - ()

Just to keep this report up to date.  I still do not have my Hummel.  I have asked Hans to please return it unrepaired and I'll pay postage.  I have gotten the same old response.  " I'll expedite it."  I cannot get this man to return my property.  I have given up on m $200+ but sure wish I could get my Hummel back.

I don't understand how someone can get away with this.  Also, the post Hans made that it was repaired and returned was a lie.  No such thing has happened.

Where's My Hummel?

AUTHOR: Lana - (USA)

I am still waiting for my Hummel that Mr. Schindhelm has said he has repaired and returned.

I cannot believe that this man is able to steal people's Hummels.  I am outraged that he will not respond to any of my emails or phone messages to talk about where my Hummel is.

I think I see a trip to NY in my futures.

Where's my Hummel Mr Shindhelm?

AUTHOR: Lana - (USA)

I am still waiting for the "repaired and returned" Hummel of mine that Mr. Schindhelm of Crow Designs said he had sent me.  This man does not tell the truth.  I cannot advise more strongly for anyone to stay away from this company.  The Master Restorer, as he calls himself, is a crook.  Don't fall for his false advertising.

Still waiting in Acworth, GA. for my repaired Hummel or my broken Hummel and my money back!

My Hummel Figurine NOT repaired & returned

AUTHOR: Lana - (USA)

Although, Mr Schindhelm posted that he had repaired and returned my Hummel he is again, not being truthful.
It is November 5th and I do not have my Hummel figurine and I have not been contacted by him that he was sending my item back and repaired.
I think this company is dishonest and not the least bit interested in repairing and returning items to their customers.  Of course, Mr. Schindhelm had not problem cashing my check and keeping my money AND my Hummel.
I hope no one is scammed by this man again.  I intend to make sure I tell my story and not allow him to make people think he has returned my repaired Hummel.

If my Hummel has been returned, I don't have it!

AUTHOR: Lana - (USA)

Mr Schindlhelm says on this site, that my item has been returned.  It would be nice to know when it was returned because I don't have it.

Same old story, talk but no action.  I'll post on this site, when and IF it is returned and in what condition.

So far, I still have nothing or no communication from Crow HJS Design.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Repair Finshed, Item Returned To Owner

AUTHOR: CROW Inc. - (United States of America)

The figurine in question was repaired and returend to it's owner...