Complaint Review: Crowd Spring

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: phoebean — Fulton New York United States of America
Crowd Spring

Crowd Spring Buyers, but especially designers BEWARE! Internet

I signed up as a designer through Crowd Spring and requested access to a number of projects, including one posted by SallyeAnder Soaps. They were looking for a new logo. After reading thoroughly through their proposal and visiting their website to get a better feel for their company, I set to work designing and submitting some logos.

I submitted four- one of them was even rated a 5 by the company. I took this as a promising sign as only a handful of others were rated so high. Soon after I received an email stating my designs had been withdrawn and my account had been terminated. Crowd Spring cited copy right issues.

Attached to the email was an image of an Adirondack chair they claimed I used without permission, as a reference to draw from. I was shocked! First, that was not the image I used. Secondly, I was appalled that without a notice or chance to prove to them I did not use that image, my account was terminated!

I provided them proof in the form of pictures I took, of the chair (my own) I used. After doing so, they switched their tune and claimed I knew the buyer. They asked for an explanation, and again I obliged. I had seen the buyer's products at a local store. Mind you, this company sells all over and if you do a quick store search on their site, you can see just how expansive their reach is.

I didn't hear from them for a couple of days. When I did, they said I can come back in 6 months and plead my case but I would not be allowed back into the project. How frustrating! I worked as hard as the other designers, I followed the rules, and provided proof when asked.

With the project closed I am unable to see if the award of $1250 was awarded! I feel sick to know I was essentially in the running for a possible award.

You know what I think is going on? I think that Crowd Spring hires "designers" on the cheap. They have them crank out designs all day long under various accounts and job proposals in the hopes of the buyer choosing one of theirs. When their design isn't chosen, they find fault with the other non Crowd Spring designers.

I'm only speculating of course but can you imagine? The amount of money that is ever revolving with a business model such as that?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crowd-Spring/internet/Crowd-Spring-Buyers-but-especially-designers-BEWARE-Internet-969629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crowd Spring