Complaint Review: Crown Auto & Fleet Services Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 26, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 26, 2012

• Reported By: Clyde — Ocala Florida United States of America
Crown Auto & Fleet Services Inc.
2258 N. Pine Ave Ocala Fl, 34475 Ocala, Florida United States of America

Crown Auto & Fleet Services Inc. deceptive practices, theif, profane language, Ocala, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Consumer error

I went to Crown Auto to buy a truck when the truck was presented i was told that every thing worked fine on the truck. first i found that the signal lights didn't work. after fixing it i took the truck home. when i turned the truck off it would not start again. I had the truck towed back to the dealer in which he would not pay for the tow. after fixing the ignition switch the chime bell would not stop even when the key was not in the ignition; I asked him to fix it, while fixing the chime bell the mechanic broke the horn, the cruise control & the airbag. at this point he did not want to fix the truck back so I asked for my $2,200 cash down payment, he refused and started cussing at me. so i called the police he then left the place and only spoke with police from the phone where he promised to give me my money back. this happened on friday he said he'd give me my money the following Monday. I had to bring a police escort at this point he left a check for $2,000 he just took $200 from me and the police told me they could do nothing about it. I cant afford a lawyer to sue him so i dont know what to do at this point. so he got his truck back and $200 dollars from me for nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crown-Auto-Fleet-Services-Inc/Ocala-Florida-34475/Crown-Auto-Fleet-Services-Inc-deceptive-practices-theif-profane-language-Ocala-Flo-859705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crown Auto & Fleet Services Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Consumer error

AUTHOR: CROWN AUTO & FLEET SERVICES - ()

First I would like to apologize for the delay in this response. At Crown Auto & Fleet Services, we KNOW that it is the consumers that make our business successful.

The customer in question was not being forward or completely honest. In the State of Florida ALL auto sales are "AS-IS, WHERE IS" unless a seperate warranty is purchased.

If you notice in the complaint, the consumer stated that there were problems with the mechanics of the truck, and each time we made a good honest effort to satisfy the consumer. It was only after he complained so much that we offered to refund the down payment less mileage and wear and tear. This was all done in good faith. We welcome the consumer to return and allow us to make him yet another satisfied customer of Crown Auto & Fleet.