Complaint Review: Crown Valley Animal Care Center

• Updated: Tue, July 19, 2011

• Reported By: KAS — Evergreen Colorado United States of America
Crown Valley Animal Care Center
28892 Crown Valley Pkwy Laguna Niguel, California United States of America

Crown Valley Animal Care Center Dr. Scott Ivers should not be allowed to practice veterinary medicine Laguna Niguel, California

*Consumer Comment: Crown Valley Animal Clinic - Excellent Care

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Malicious attempt to destroy reputations for personal gain

I'm really surprised this veterinary practice and especially, Dr. Scott Ivers, is still in business.  People really need to do their research before taking their pets through the doors of Crown Valley Animal Care Center.  ANY veterinarian in the area would be a better choice.

My beloved dog died because of his incompetence and I will never get over it.  I feel guilty everyday for trusting her life to this man.  I took her to another vet but it was too late.  Due to the treatments prescribed by Dr. Ivers and the complete lack of nursing care while at his facility, she had to be humanely euthanized.  When I picked her up from Crown Valley, she was non-responsive and so cold her temperature did not register on a thermometer.

I would have to agree with others that have filed complaints:  Improper diagnosis, improper/lack of treatment or care, price gouging and just plain arrogance on the part of Dr. Ivers.

Go to this hospital is like playing with fire...eventually, you will get burned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2010 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crown-Valley-Animal-Care-Center/Laguna-Niguel-California-92677/Crown-Valley-Animal-Care-Center-Dr-Scott-Ivers-should-not-be-allowed-to-practice-veterina-662264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crown Valley Animal Care Center

Crown Valley Animal Clinic - Excellent Care

AUTHOR: Sandra T. - (USA)

I moved out to Orange County in 1998 with my two cats. I needed a 24-hour vet, because one of my cats had respiratory problems. I found Crown Valley in the phone book. In 2001, I rescued an 8-week old Siamese from the OC Shelter. I didn't realize until a day later that she was sick. I took her in to see Dr. Ivers. He took one look at her and said she had feline distemper. He kept her for 3 days and told me that I needed to bring her home - that she needed people around her who could make her feel at home (and not in a cage). We took her home - and stayed in contact with Dr. Ivers for the next 2 weeks. She almost died twice, but with the right meds and care - finally recovered. She is now almost 15 years old and the joy of our home. I've taken all of my cats and my rescue/foster cats to Dr. Ivers. He is caring, but direct. He has never let my family down and I can't imagine another vet caring for my pets.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Malicious attempt to destroy reputations for personal gain

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

This is not only a complete lie posted by a so-called anonymous individual but it is a malicious attack by a fictitious client for their personal benefit.  As for the 'complete lack of nursing care', how dare you attack our nurses.  Most of our nurses are RVT (registered veterinary technicians) with multiple (21+ years experience).  As we all know, internet defamation is becoming a serious offense.  This malicious and desperate individual who believes they will personally gain from their pathetic attempts to destroy reputations will be prosecuted.  It is amazing how fast these websites give up the 'anonymous' information when ordered to do so.

As for this website, they conveniently pass you on to hire one of their legal aids starting at $2000.00 to remove the 'anonymous' complaints.