Complaint Review: Crown Valley Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Tue, June 28, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, July 20, 2011

• Reported By: Laguna Niguel — Laguna Niguel California United States of America
Crown Valley Animal Hospital
28892 Crown Valley Parkway Laguna Niguel, California United States of America

Crown Valley Animal Hospital Scott Ivers, DVM Killed my Dog! Laguna Niguel, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: malicious attempt to destroy reputations for personal gain

I took my yellow lab to Crown Valley Animal Hospital because it appeared his back was bothering him and he was struggling to get up after laying down for a while.  Dr. Ivers told me he had arthritis (without taking an x-ray) and prescribed an anti-inflam medicine. Within a few days, my dog began to breathe heavily, lost his appetite and was lethargic. I called Dr. Ivers to tell him how he was doing, and I was told he would be fine. He did not ask to see the dog. A day or two later, I spoke with Dr. Ivers again and told him that my dog was dying! I told him he smelled like he was dying and once again I was told he would be alright. Even the day before he died, I spoke to the doctor once again and was told he would be fine. He died the next day, and I believe it was because of liver failure due to the toxic reaction he had to the anit-inflams medicine prescribed by Dr. Ivers.  Dr. Ivers even had the nerve to send me a sympathy card!  We now have two yellow labs, and if they were on their death beds I would not take them to Crown Valley Hospital! Since the death of my dog, I have had three people tell me that their dogs died because of the poor treatment received at Crown Valley Animal Hospital! If you love your animal, do not even consider taking them to Dr. Ivers at Crown Valley Hospital!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2011 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crown-Valley-Animal-Hospital/Laguna-Niguel-California-92677/Crown-Valley-Animal-Hospital-Scott-Ivers-DVM-Killed-my-Dog-Laguna-Niguel-California-746676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crown Valley Animal Hospital

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

malicious attempt to destroy reputations for personal gain

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

This is a malicious attempt by an individual aimed at destroying my reputation.  As we are all aware, due to the anonymous nature of posting a defamatory message it is becoming the coward's way for an individual to destroy another's reputation for personal gain.

What is amazing about this site is that it claims it does not take money to remove the false claim.  However, the site immediately encourages you to fight back by directing you to one of their attorneys (starting at a couple of thousand dollars).  This person will be prosecuted, it is amazing how quickly the site gives up 'anonymous' information when court ordered to do so.