Complaint Review: Cruise America East Dundee IL

• Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By: Monika B — Downers Grove Illinois United States of America
Cruise America East Dundee IL
895 Richardson, East Dundee IL Internet United States of America

Cruise America East Dundee Illinois LIED TO ME WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION, THREW ME OUT AND THEN TRIED TO CHARGE ME $300 Internet

Giving this facility one star is giving them a review that is too good.  I don't even know where to start on this.   This was literally the Worst consumer experience I have ever experienced.  The owner of this facility literally kicked me out of his facility and "cancelled" my reservation after I asked too many questions about my rental and called him obnoxious when he laughed in my face for asking "obvious" questions.  Yet Cruise America still charged me $300 for the "rental."

I rented this vehicle as a surprise for my husband's 45th birthday.  My husband works 60 hours per week and his dream has always been to vacation in an RV.  Needless to say this was ruined because of the owner of this place.  In addition, Cruise America gave me completely false and misleading information when I placed the reservation about how the RV was powered (telling me I did not need an electric campsite when in fact I did) and that I could drop off the vehicle late for a fairly minor fee (when in fact I could not return the vehicle late period.  I was laughed at, sneered at and ultimately thrown out of the facility because of asking questions and trying to clarify lies that were told to me when I reserved the vehicle.  My husband's surprise and out one weekend as a family was completely ruined because of this.  I have never experienced anything like this behavior before.  BEWARE; DO NOT RENT WITH CRUISE AMERICA!  Your trip will likely be ruined.  Oh, and one more thing they don't tell you -- you have to return the vehicle spotless and I mean spotless -- even a bug on the windshield will incur a $250 fee!  I am not one to post bad reviews as I know how hard it can be to run a business but this was really the epitome of awful!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2012 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cruise-America-East-Dundee-IL/internet/Cruise-America-East-Dundee-Illinois-LIED-TO-ME-WHEN-MAKING-A-RESERVATION-THREW-ME-OUT-AN-954302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cruise America East Dundee IL