Complaint Review: Cruisemiles.com

• Updated: Thu, August 08, 2013

• Reported By: Michael Ludin — Manhattan Beach California
, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Cruisemiles.com others Unknown to me Arrogant, NO communication -

I am on 4 cruises a year and a first-timer with Cruisemiles. And the last time too.

The customer service/support at cruisemiles.com is appalling and arrogant. I "bought" an auction cruise last year (9/12) for a cruise next month (9/18). For about 30 days, partially due to my misunderstanding that it would be ticketed within 90 days of the cruise, but in fact is 60 or less -- I have been trying to reach customer service to find out when the cruise would be confirmed. Being my first cruise with this company, it would be reassuring to know. After more then a dozen emails, Ray in customer support wrote and states, "I am only support, you have to contact reservations". When asked for a number to reach them at my expense Ray wrote back "there is no phone number to call, it is how we keep our costs down". I wrote back another time and asked him to personally forward my request for information to reservations helping to get a response, he states he did. To date I have heard nothing and planned to leave 9/15 for my travels including an 8 day cruise and 37 days before have no confirmation.

This is BS, and the company needs to be taken to task for its failure to respond to repeated requests, even if it could not furnish an answer that I favored, as in "here's your confirmation". It could have been "it will be coming in _____ days". Something. The fact that am employee in another department couldn't sense my troubling sentiment and offer assistance does not bode well either. It is anyone's guess if I am or will be booked on my cruise. It is not a guess whether I will file a complaint with the Attorney Generals of several states. My state California requires sellers of travel to provide a phone number for contact, Cruisemiles purposely doesn't.

Last, it was encouraging to read many positive reviews and just today after doing so it is the first time in weeks where I felt like this is my experience and that I didn't pay thief's over a year ago and then be ignored. Who knows though.  Even so, if it does work out and not lead to litigation, i will never work with this traveler supplier again and will let all others that ask or that I can tell of its experience with NO COMMUNICATION. Even the email address to the side "admin@cruisemiles.com" rejected an email this morning.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cruisemilescom/Select-StateProvince/Cruisemilescom-others-Unknown-to-me-Arrogant-NO-communication--1074107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cruisemiles.com