Complaint Review: Crystal Brown Advantage America Benefits

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2006

• Reported By:Olmsted Township Ohio
Crystal Brown Advantage America Benefits
1900 Howell Branch Road Suite#4-7 Winter Park, Florida U.S.A.

Crystal Brown Advantage America Benefits ripoff- this co. misrepresented what they offered through a recording by the person who called me talking during the recording so that I wasn't able to hear all info and lied to me about a processing fee which after giving my bank info they withdrew 49.95 without my knowledge. After receiving a letter from the bank about a overdraft I tried to contact the co. Winter Park Florida

*Consumer Comment: close your account,$299.95 will come out next....

*Consumer Suggestion: RUN don't walk, to your bank

After being harrassed with countless calls to me by this company I finally gave in and listened to what the person had to say.

After he spoke to me he asked me to listen to a recording with more detailed info. at the start of the recording the man would talk throughout the recording asking me questions which I answered making it difficult to hear all the info the recording was providing in turn I had unknowingly agreed to receive info about govt grants and medical insurance to which I had to pay a processing fee of $49.95 again I was informed by the man that there is upfront no-cost to view the info package I was to receive in the mail.

After receiving a notice from my bank that my account was overdrawn I gathered my account activity info and found that the co. Advantage America had taken out of my account the $49.95.

In no way would I have given my info to this company had I known I had to pay upfront.

When I called the co. Advantage America to cancel the account and any further info/products I was told that I was not able to cancel until I rec'd a 2nd package. And they will not refund the $49.95 back to me saying I agreed in their recording to pay for processing. When the recording was played back to me it was a totally different message than the original recording.
I don't know what to do or where to turn. I'm recently disabled and cannot afford any further finacial loss. HELP ME

Lisa
Olmsted Township, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2006 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crystal-Brown-Advantage-America-Benefits/Winter-Park-Florida-32792/Crystal-Brown-Advantage-America-Benefits-ripoff-this-co-misrepresented-what-they-offered-173360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crystal Brown Advantage America Benefits

close your account,$299.95 will come out next....

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

you need to close your account,do not put stop payment,just close the account.Shortly $299.95 will be taken out and youll be really hurting.Call your bank now and explain your being scammed and you found ripoff report and this corp(although fake) is about to take more money.If they say oh no we will put a block instead...let me tell you when anybody has the power to take money from you because your account info is now in their hands,you need to cancel the account and get a new one..follow editors suggestion.please go way back and read these reports..CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!PLEASE UPDATE US.....

#2 Consumer Suggestion

RUN don't walk, to your bank

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT NOW. They will continue to withdraw money from your account until it is dry.

But, if you read all the reports here, every single one of them was told that the $49.95 was a processing fee that would be deducted from their bank account immediately, so you heard them wrong if you think they needed your permission. Once you gave them your account info, that is all they needed.

You need to go to your branch and dispute the charge, and close your account. They will bleed you dry.