Complaint Review: Crystal Vision Software Services

• Submitted: Thu, November 30, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, November 30, 2006

• Reported By:gaithersburg Maryland
Crystal Vision Software Services
2245 Camino Vida Roble Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Crystal Vision Software Services Telemarketer and website misleads and omits critical financial info ripoff Carlsbad California

Copy of letter sent to customer services dept (cc editor):9/24/06

Whilst I was going through the CD Rom today, I was totally shocked to read the following:

"you will be billed for each CD rom you receive".

I could not believe this. The person that I spoke to on the phone who persuaded me to enroll told me ABSOLUTELY that the membership fee would include all the CD Rom's (otherwise why would I become a member if I had to pay separately for every CD?). This was the ONLY reason I joined - I would never have signed up for something where there was a monthly fee, the discounts and benefits are just not worth it.

I feel totally cheated and very angry. If your representative had said that there was a monthly fee as well, I would definitely have balked at the opportunity. On the "benefits" page, there is no mention of the amount that we will be billed, just as there was no mention on the telephone - absolutely none. As you can see, I am a student - there is absolutely no way I could afford the membership fee plus a monthly fee. Additionally, there was not a word about the option of having the disc sent quarterly.

I ASSURE you, the only thing that I was told was that the membership was for life and I would get a monthly CD.

- No monthly fee
- No options about CD delivery
- She said "that was it - for life".

There is no account section so I could check whether I had indeed been charged every month (although I will now re-check my bank statements). I have been disappointed in the quality contained within the CD ROMs - I mean they are totally untargeted - why would I want a pregnancy calendar. I can get cheaper cartridges from Hewlett Packard (this was the reason I signed up) and the images and text are tacky and unprofessional. Spelling mistakes rule the day. There is obviously no graphic designer within your company.

The only reason I continued receiving the discs, is because I thought they were free, and yes, I did enjoy going through the various information every month, but none of it was relevant or useful to me.

To finish, I respectfully request a full refund of the CD ROMs that have been charged to may account since my membership began. I totally accept responsibility for the membership fee, as I was fully aware of the cost. I will not take responsibility for the individual monthly costs charged to my account. First, I was not told, second, there is no individual account section on your website, and third, there is no receipt with the CD rom. Any talk about small print will be completely disregarded because the critical information was not provided upon questioning at the time of the call.

No response

I then received another starter kit! Unbelievable. I followed up with another complaint - no response.

Apart from being an idiot- as anyone any advice please? Thanks

gaithersburg, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2006 11:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crystal-Vision-Software-Services/Carlsbad-California/Crystal-Vision-Software-Services-Telemarketer-and-website-misleads-and-omits-critical-fina-223197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crystal Vision Software Services