Complaint Review: Cuisenart

• Submitted: Sat, January 26, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Jaxx215 — hell Texas United States of America
Cuisenart
150 Milford Road East Windsor NJ 08520 East Windsor, New Jersey United States of America

Cuisenart LowLife company that won't stand behind its products East Windsor, New Jersey

*Author of original report: No Rationale

*Consumer Comment: What reason did they give for not replacing your knives?

Paid $199 for what I thought was a real nice set of stainless steel kitchen knives. Aside from the seeming quality of the product itself, the purchase was based on my impression that the company was a standup company selling quality products.

The stainless steel knives rusted the very first time I put them in the dishwasher.

Of course I called Cuisenart to ask for a replacment since the knives were rusting, but they offered absolutely nothing. Wouldn't replace the product, give me a refund or even a credit to buy something else.

Stainless steel is used to make surgical instruments specifically BECAUSE of its rust free characteristic.

Apparently the steel that's used to make the Cuisenart knives is of an inferior quality because it's so prone to rusting.

I will never (knowingly) buy another product that has anything to do with Cuisenart, and certainly won't buy any other product that bears their name.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cuisenart/East-Windsor-New-Jersey-08520/Cuisenart-LowLife-company-that-wont-stand-behind-its-products-East-Windsor-New-Jersey-1003868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cuisenart

No Rationale

AUTHOR: Jaxx215 - (United States of America)

They offered absolutely no rationale for not replacing the knives. They just said "There's nothing we can do. We didn't promise you they wouldn't rust." The conversation went on and on with me explaining to them the same rationale I put in my complaint above - stainless steel is made the way it's made and it's called stainless because IT'S MADE TO NOT RUST. Then when I asked for my call to be escalated to a supervisor level I was told the same story - no satisfaction, no replacement, no money back.

What reason did they give for not replacing your knives?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I'm curious because I had a problem with one of their K-cup coffee brewers and they replaced it right away..no problem.