Complaint Review: Cuisine Sante International

• Reported By: anonymous — Ottawa Ontario Canada
Cuisine Sante International
601-1250 Old Innes Rd Ottawa, Ontario United States of America

Cuisine Sante International No Returns Available Ottawa, Ontario

I went to one of  Cuisine Sante's live cooking show. They were selling cookware for $2400, which is over-priced, but they also offered two other "free" items and a week-long condo stay for 4.

So I decided to buy. Just before the sale went through, they told me there would be additional shipping and handling costs, and taxes. I was surprised to be paying handling on something I picked up right there, and even more surprised when the total worked out to over $3000!

But the sale was through already.

Since bringing everything home I've been trying to return it. Here are the options they gave me:
"get a friend to buy our overpriced cookware and we'll call it even"
"pay us 20% and we'll take it back no problem" (20% works out to $600!!!)
"Or, you can come work for us [scamming other people] and pay it off that way."

Since buying the cookware, I have looked up equivalent products...and they sell for $300-600. They want me to pay that much just to get out of their little "deal."

I am disgusted by their hidden prices and petty customer service plan.

PS - most people who try to cash their condo package pay their $100 deposit and never hear back from the company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2011 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cuisine-Sante-International/Ottawa-Ontario-K1B-5L3/Cuisine-Sante-International-No-Returns-Available-Ottawa-Ontario-793066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cuisine Sante International