Complaint Review: Cupid Media Pty LTD

• Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: anthonyjkim — Los Angeles California
Cupid Media Pty LTD
PO Box 9304 Internet Australia

Cupid Media Pty LTD koreancupid.com Used fake and inactive member profiles to lure me to become a paying platinum member and will not give refund Gold Coast MC QLD Internet

I signed up as a paying member to meet people from Korea as I was planning on moving there. I signed up for a 3-month Platinum Membership on 2/13/2014. What I discovered was that most of the "cute" member profiles were no longer active and most of the women on this site are not even from Korea.

There are also a lot of female profiles with single pictures. These women are supposedly from China. They try to get you to give your email address and try to get you to sign up for a translation service called gagamatch. This is a scam so do not accept. I received 5-10 of these messages a week and got really tired of it so I sent a very nice message to team@koreancupid.com requesting a refund due to my bad experience. The refund policy states "We may, at our discretion, give refunds to members for various other reasons." but be forewarned, they will not give a refund no matter what you say or do.

This has been a horrible experience and I should have just stayed with the mainstream dating websites.

My $70 is down the drain. :(

My recommendation is to not participate even as a free member on this site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 10:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cupid-Media-Pty-LTD/internet/Cupid-Media-Pty-LTD-koreancupidcom-Used-fake-and-inactive-member-profiles-to-lure-me-to-1124678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cupid Media Pty LTD