Complaint Review: Curb Your Cravings

• Submitted: Mon, September 25, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, September 25, 2006

• Reported By:Bellport New York
Curb Your Cravings
6 Waterview Drive Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

Curb Your Cravings ripoff- dishonest fraudulent billing Shelton Connecticut

I purchased a "free" 1-week trial of "Curb Your Cravings" hoodia patch for weightloss (of course, it's not really free since it's $9.95 for shipping). Their offer states that once you receive their free trial, my credit credit will be billed in 14 days for $39.95 and for each future month for automatic shipments of their product UNLESS I call or go to their website to cancel. (A classic built-in scam by many companies cuz they know many people forget to call)

So I agreeed to these terms and received the 1 week trial and then decided to cancel future shipments by going online to: www.curbyourcravings.com/cancel

Once I cancelled the order online, the company deceivingly had another offer posted right underneath same link. The posting was stated something like this: (this is not an exact quote since I can no longer access this page after cancelling)

"Wait!! Get offer for 2 bottles - get one 1 free.- No monthly billing, no hassle etc.."

SO HERE COMES THE SCAM:
Just out of curiosity, I clicked a link that stated "buy 2 bottles- get one free" just to get more info (NOT to buy) but it immediately charged my credit card for $79.95 without any prior warning or notice. (how? it saved my credit card info from the free trial) Every sincere and legitimate company that I ever have done business with online always provides prior warning or approval before authorizing a charge to your credit card ----- Buy NOT this company!!

I called them up and spoke to the supervisor, Mike (Agent #101)
who very snottingly told me that I have to wait til I receive the product and then ship it back (with my own $$) and then wait 10-12 days to receive a refund. They said there's nothing they can do. (COMPLETE BS!!)

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY---IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT KIND OF RIP-OFF THEIR PRODUCTS ARE!!

Benjamin
Bellport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2006 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Curb-Your-Cravings/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/Curb-Your-Cravings-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Shelton-Connecticut-212619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Curb Your Cravings