- Report: #974026
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Currie Motor of Forest Park
Currie Motor of Forest Park8401 West Roosevelt Road Forest Park, IL 60130 Forest Park, Illinois United States of America
Currie Motor of Forest Park Fraud by dealership in embezzling the trade in amount of a PT Cruiser for a Town & Country leading to a repossession of truck, after missing a car not payment that was far less than the amount paid Fi Forest Park, Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
instructed to call an 800 number to complete and application for credit limit.
Moore made the call and the type of car Moore wants and limit of loan was approved on the phone after inquiring if there will be a trade-in, to which Moore said no. But on getting to the dealership with wife Henrietta as pre-arranged on the phone
by Chrysler the dealership staff:
1. Ran Moores credit and appeared shocked by the high score saying but there were not many credit purchases on the account and so wondered. His wifes credit was run too, for joint ownership.
2. Instead of giving Moore a car in the range he desired, that he already agreed on the phone with a Chrysler agent, Pastor Gregg and Mrs. Henrietta Moore were giving a P T Cruiser to test drive on their own without a Currie Motors of Forest Park agent going with them. On returning they were told to go with the car, got the down payment they had considered independently and brought, but asked for Moore, which was to be brought in the next week. It was a Saturday appointment Chrysler arranged for Moore at the car dealership. It should be said that Moore insisted to drive away a car of his choice, but this agent(s) and account personnel counseled that they could use the car for say a year and then return it as a trade-in to then get the car they want, and that the process their credit will be further built.
3. Before leaving with the car (sorry, before leaving with a car), the Moores were informed that they will receive a customer satisfaction survey, which they counseled should be returned to them that they will fill it and submit, which Moore was indifferent to as so consented. But on getting home they discovered that though they drove home a black P T Cruiser, it was not the one they test drove and this was even dented at the side and beaten out! What was more, before they left, the dealership did something funny or surprising at the time by promising that they will fill up the tank for then as a courtesy not knowing that it was their plot in switching the cars for a worse one: so that a car was test driven and a worse car of same make, model and color was sold!
4. So that when the survey arrived, Moore reneged on his promise to submit the survey to the dealership, filled it up and submitted it as required by Chrysler. In this survey apart from giving low score to his purchase experience, he mention that not only did he not purchase the car he wanted, the one that the dealership chose against his which which he was told to drive with his wife alone was even exchanged for a worse car!. Chrysler replied invited Moore back to the dealership to pick the car vehicle he wants and even told him there is a raffle draw going on and that he may not even have to pay for the car if
he is the winner!
5. On returning to the dealership with his wife, the staffers at Currie Motors refused to do the exchange as ordered by Chrysler and one even said that we did this to get a profit by the trade in and there will not be, but rather we shall have a loss. Because of our insistence to go with a car of our choice they gave a new condition that I should bring the new car for undercoating of the underside to give it a longer life. At a time Henrietta said we should even leave with the prospective trade-in PT Cruiser. Currie Motors promised they would give us a car of theirs to drive when we bring it in for the work. But
on the appointed date, rather than do just that, the dealership call to Enterprise-Rent-A- Car. Well I followed through, but the car Enterprise gave was too small and I complained and it said that was the stipulation of Currie Motors of Forest Park. But before leaving the dealership, they requested for the second key also which was with my wife at work. And on
getting to her to collect the key, the rented car failed to start. On eventually getting back to the dealership, I said I did not want to do any extra work on the new Town and Country 2006 and left. Not knowing that Chrysler already authorized a check for the trade-in the time I brought it in.
6. After about a minimum of 6 month period, with me communicating with the dealership and Chrysler, we received a letter from the dealership to come for an amount as a trade-in refund which they should have sent in the mail. But on getting there, they instructed that we should total debt, which was good to me, because we could have used the money for other purposes. But as I tried to process the case Pro Se in court, I discovered that the amount of check offered to sign and
return was just half of the amount of the trade-in. They must have reasoned that if we did not sign it, they will still have of the amount to embezzle. (All these were only discovered in court).
7. But on missing 2 payments of $555.61 each which was far less than the trade-in amount in a period of 18 months the car was repossessed. My neighbor alerted me, I came out called the Chicago Police and on their arrival, the men should them some papers and the Police ordered them to take away the car with all the valuables we had in it. It should be noted, that in the interim there was an accident when the other motorist made a Uturn while I was driving along and the accident got
to court. Currie Motors offered to use the trade-in amount to repair the car because they were bent on not surrendering the money but embezzling it. But unfortunately for them, the insurance company of the other motorist footed the total bill since I was not at fault at the accident. And because of this repossession our individual and joint credit has been marred for life. Till date Chrysler still write my wife and I offering us deal to pay for a car repossessed after about 18 months of payment with two 2 car notes missed but in which their dealership embezzled and amount that was far greater than 2 two missed payments
which they the dealership prevented from reaching Gregg & Gregg Moore the rightful owners of the trade-in amount for the PT Crusiser
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Currie-Motor-of-Forest-Park/Forest-Park-Illinois-60130/Currie-Motor-of-Forest-Park-Fraud-by-dealership-in-embezzling-the-trade-in-amount-of-a-PT-974026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.