Complaint Review: Curtis O Barnes, PC

Curtis O Barnes, PC
390 W Cerritos Ave. Anaheim, California United States of America

Curtis O Barnes, PC Abusive and violates collections laws Anaheim, California

*Consumer Comment: Curtis O Banks horrible

These people put me through sheer hell for over an hour on the phone..They had me in tears.  1st off, they contacted a relative in another state with there name clearly on the caller I.D.   Said they were a collector. (illegal)   This was only 20 mins after making there first attempt to contact me by my home phone.   I kept telling them there records were not right. There was a collection agency that held my credit card account before them, and I had paid them 2 months ago.  They wouldnt give it up..  They Went over my credit report and pointed out that I had available credit on another card (they named the card)  that I could pay them with.  Pointed out that I jointly owned property.  they kept changing the amount they wanted from me, and threatened to sue me.  This is all before sending me the first letter giving me 30 days for them to validate the account.  I actually contacted my attorney.  He wrote them a letter detailing there violation and they denied and denied.  I wish I had recorded them. One thing that was also troubling is the fact that I could hear in the background other collectors screaming at who ever they were talking too.  I actually pointed that out to the person I was speaking with.  They handed me off to 2 different people with the 3d saying he was the manager and he was the most abusive of all!! He had been listening in on the previous call and came in yelling.   I kept telling them I needed time to find out who I had paid, and look for the payment to prove it..  Turns out the credit card company actually mailed me the 1099 a month later showing the amount of debt discharged and the date which was 3 months before Barnes called me..(I knew I had paid it off)

I AM NOT letting the violation situation drop. I will peruse it.  The fine is $1,000.00 which is more then they wanted out of me.. I WILL GET IT... Too many people let them get away with there horrid treatment to the people they call.  They need to pay a few fines and clean up there acts.  This is the most despicable collection agency ever..Now that my attorney is involved they wont talk to me.  We are requesting the recorded calls be provided and have not heard anything from them so far.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Curtis-O-Barnes-PC/Anaheim-California-92805/Curtis-O-Barnes-PC-Abusive-and-violates-collections-laws-Anaheim-California-1027167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Curtis O Barnes, PC

Curtis O Banks horrible

AUTHOR: fedup2 - ()

Received a call today from Walter at Curtis Banks law office.  He stated over and over that they were going to sue me if I was refusing to pay....which I was not.  I offered what I could afford for my debit of around 1,000 for a credit card opened in 2002.  But they said I was refusing to pay and that that anytime I would be sued.  I got off the phone shaking...ended up talking to walter and Steve Blair.  Both men were so rude and very attacking of my integrity.

Accused me of just "throwing my hands up" in regards to the debt when I told them I could not afford their offer to make two payments of over 500.  Then he said well if you have a change of heart then give me a call back...again like it's an emotional thing that I can not afford to make the payment they are requesting.  I am not sure what is going to happen and I do not know what to do.  I have not received anything in writing from them either.  I know I had paid on his account for many years so I am not even sure what I owe.  Can anyone help me.