Complaint Review: Curtis Schilling

• Reported By: TakenforaRide — Humble Texas
Curtis Schilling
1304 McDugald Rd Humble, Texas USA

Curtis Schilling SMOOTH OPERATOR TO TAKE YOU FOR A LONG RIDE! Humble Texas

On May 31, 2014, I came under contract with Curtis Schilling aka Curtis Schilling Construction for the removal and the restructuring of an existing deck at my home. On the aforementioned date, I issued Mr. Schilling a check in the amount of 1.350.00. I told him that I was in the process of getting approval from my homeowner association. By mid-June we had been waiting sometime to receive approval, so I asked Mr. Schilling if he had purchased any material.  He told me that he had not, but that he had spent 400.00 of the deposit for personal expenses because he was "robbing Peter to pay Paul". Since my mother was coming to visit from out of state and I was not sure if I was going to receive approval for the deck,  I then asked him on 6/16/14 to paint my house in leu of the deck since he had 1, 350.00.  He told me that he could paint and that he would get back with me. He never got back with me.  I continued to push the issue about various jobs such as a fence and a kennel. His response was always, I will get back with you.

On 6/26/14, he then began to discuss that he could do a patio instead of a deck and that he coud get this done before the 4th and that I would not need approval for this. He told me that he had priced some flagstone and he had spoken with a lady at some store that was going to give hime a good price.  I called him back on 6/27/14, no answer, but I left a message. He did not return the call, which was strange because we would speak practically everyday prior.  On 6/30/14, I called back and left a message and told him that I did not think that I was going to get approval for the deck and that it was making me sick that I just wanted my money back. I also left a message with his wife on 6/30/14  to relay to him. She said that she would tell him that I had called. No return call. Finally, on 7/1/14, we received approval from the homeowners association, but no Curtis Schilling.

So,  on 7/1/14-my husband called him from a different number and he answered. He asked Mr. Schilling to call me because I was very concerned. He did not call me. Later that evening, I called from a different number and he answered. He told me that he had some financial problems and problems with his truck. Told him that I just wanted a date when he was going to begin or my money. He said that he would call me later that night with a definite start date. He did not call. On 7/2/14-I contacted the Better Business Bureau and they contacted him. He called and left a message for me.  On July 3, 2014-I sent a certified letter requesting my money in full. On July 7, 2014 contacted the police and the officer suggested that I file a claim in small claims court, but was generous to go to Mr. Schilling's home, but ironically he was not there. On July 9, he called yelling about the actions in which I have taken, but statedthat he had my money, but that he will be deducting for some nails. I never saw any material since I gave Mr. Schilling my check. The deck is the same, no work has been done and no material has been received. On 7/10/14 he called and said that he had 800.00 and working on the remainder. He stated that he was going to put the money in the mail. I asked him to send the money via certified mail or some manner with tracking numbers. He told me that he would call me back with the tracking numbers. He never called back. I'm still waiting.  To make a long story short-STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2014 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Curtis-Schilling/Humble-Texas-77338/Curtis-Schilling-SMOOTH-OPERATOR-TO-TAKE-YOU-FOR-A-LONG-RIDE-Humble-Texas-1161702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Curtis Schilling