Complaint Review: Custom Audio Professionals

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2003

• Reported By:Norfolk Virginia
Custom Audio Professionals
11885 Jefferson Ave. Newport News, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-983-3193
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Custom Audio Professionals Digital Audio 5.1 Pro Series 2 ripoff alert fraud business They aren't the worst satellite speakers I've heard, but they weren't great. Newport News Virginia

I drove to Lowes to buy some house goods, and was approached by 2 individuals with Canadian Accents. They had a van of speakers that someone ordered for the job they were headed to, and had loaded in 2 many speakers. He explained last time his boss had just taken them for his own, and that this time they'd rather just sell them on his own. Another "consumer" came up to check it out, and before I knew it he was loading in his truck 3 of the boxes.

I talked him down to $350 (oooo - big bargainer me) and he followed me to the ATM to get the cash. He gave me a tear off of the invoice with the audio shop with a phone number, but they were "closed" when I called - please leave a message.

Anyhow, I hooked up the speakers as soon as I got home. They aren't the worst satellite speakers i've heard, but they weren't great. If I was to buy them for $200 retail I would have been satisfied with their quality, but definitely not the MSRP of 2 large. My only hope is to put them off to another individual and recoup my $.

B.
Norfolk, Virginia

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info, salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2003 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Audio-Professionals/Newport-News-Virginia-23606/Custom-Audio-Professionals-Digital-Audio-51-Pro-Series-2-ripoff-alert-fraud-business-They-60262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Audio Professionals