Complaint Review: Custom Built Personal Training

• Submitted: Thu, May 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2008

• Reported By:Sterling Virginia
Custom Built Personal Training
303 Peachtree Street Alanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Custom Built Personal Training Steer Clear of Custom Built Alanta Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact me for resolution

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact me for resolution

I signed an agreement with Custom Built to have 12 training at my local Gold's Gym. As in a previous post, I did not get the trainer I expected although not specifically promised. Instead, I was set up with a young woman who didn't appear to be very experienced. When I asked about her training and certification, she told me she was "working on it." I paid for and received the 12 sessions one year ago and thought that was the end of it. WRONG!

On my husband's latest credit card statement (the sessions were a gift from him) there is a charge for $260 by Custom Built. He called the company and talked with a customer service representative. He was told that when I had signed the agreement, I had initialled the Autorenewal Clause, accepting 12 more training session a year ahead. I would never have done this.

I obtained a copy of my agreement from Gold's Gym and it showed I HAD NOT initialed the clause; in fact, I distinctly recall telling the Custom Built "manager" that I had no intention of renewing the agreement. In addition, Custom Built no longer has a contract to provide training sessions at my Gold's--they were only there for about a year. Since they are no longer in the area, they clearly cannot perform the services and the charge is invalid--it may even be fraudulent.

I want to add that I have no issues whatsoever with Gold's Gym.

The Gold's Gym manager will call Custom Built and hopefully be able to have Custom Built remove the credit card charge.
I have been a member of this gym for several years and didn't check out the reputation of Custom Built and its trainers. Shame on me for not performing due diligence in this case.

Jackie
Sterling, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Built-Personal-Training/Alanta-Georgia-30308/Custom-Built-Personal-Training-Steer-Clear-of-Custom-Built-Alanta-Georgia-334211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Built Personal Training

Please contact me for resolution

AUTHOR: Judy Miller - (U.S.A.)

I am unable to pull specific contract details from the information provided here. Please contact me directly to get this issue resolved. If the auto renewal agreement portion of your contract was not initialed, we will cancel your contract after the initial term has expired and refund any monies due.

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Best regards,
Judy Miller
Director of Customer Service
404-921-2273 direct
404-420-8326 fax

Please contact me for resolution

AUTHOR: Judy Miller - (U.S.A.)

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Best regards,