Complaint Review: Custom Built Personal Training

• Updated: Mon, July 12, 2010

• Reported By: Jess K. — Columbus Georgia United States of America
Custom Built Personal Training
Peachtree St. Suite 4150 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Custom Built Personal Training Deceptive Contracts and Not Military Friendly - STAY AWAY Atlanta, Georgia

Custom Built Personal Training (CBPT) refuses to comply with a reasonable request from me, the spouse of an active duty soldier, that moved from a location that provided their services, to an area that does not have their services due to a prolonged deployment.  I was able to cancel my gym contract, without incident here, by providing a bank statement with my new address.  Because I have relocated to live with family, I was unable to provide a utility bill or lease in order to cancel my contract with my gym, but they were accomodating, understanding the unusual situation because of my husband's active duty status.  I submitted the same paperwork, in addition to a W-2 and an additional investment statement to CBPT in March, but have repeatedly been denied a cancelation without paying 80% of my contract charges.  They have stated that unless I provide them with a utility bill, lease, or drivers license, they will not cancel it.  There is nothing in the actual contract stating that these items are "proof" of moving.  They keep pointing to their rules, but cannot send me a single piece of paper citing these rules.  They have repeatedly contacted me, via email and phone, despite the fact that I have told them that I am no longer accepting their phonecalls/emails.  The BBB in Atlanta apparently has received so many complaints that they are not inclined to keep investigations open beyond CBPT "offering" a solution.

A really despicable company.  Sad that as my husband is at war, they are still continuously harassing me.  I offered to pay first and last month fees to clear it up, but they insist that 80% is what I owe them.  Even if I was within a decent distance of the facility that offers their services, I cannot receive them anyway because they canceled my account promptly and without question with less "proof".  I just received a collection notice from a collection agency, and they can continue to send me paperwork, but they will not get a single red cent out of me.  They lost their opportunity when they continued to badger and harass me after I provided multiple pieces of legal (a W-2?!) paperwork stating my current address.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2010 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Built-Personal-Training/Atlanta-Georgia-30308/Custom-Built-Personal-Training-Deceptive-Contracts-and-Not-Military-Friendly-STAY-AWAY-622560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Built Personal Training