Complaint Review: Custom Built Personal Training

• Updated: Mon, April 01, 2013

• Reported By: Susan — Jonesboro Arkansas
Custom Built Personal Training
1226 Caraway Road Jonesboro, Arkansas United States of America

Custom Built Personal Training Autorenewal of contract cost me $160 Jonesboro, Arkansas

I signed up for a six-month contract with Custom Built Personal Training through a gym in my city. There was no mention of an auto-renewal at the end of the six months. It was my understanding that I would ONLY pay for 2 sessions a month for six months.

When my six months was up, I noticed that they continued to deduct the monthly $80 from my account. I looked at the original email sent to me and finally noticed the mention of an auto-renewal at the bottom of the email. I sent an email immediately to the company stating that I did not want to auto-renew and that I wanted a refund for the $80 they had just deducted. I didn't receive a reply back.

So, I called the customer service number and talked to a representative. She stated that the auto-renewal was clearly written in the contract and that there was nothing I could do. In addition (and this is what has spurred me to make this report), they require 30 days' notice before they will cancel your auto-renewal. So, once I discovered the auto-renewal last month and called about it, they are still going to deduct another $80 next month...even though I cancelled it by email "almost" 30 days ago.

It's an automatic win for them. If you don't know about the auto-renewal, then you'll find out when it's deducted from your account -- AND even if you notify them immediately, it still won't be early enough for them to stop the next month's deduction because of the 30-day rule.

I am amazed that this company is still in business with this type of shady practice. If you don't read the fine print, you're automatically bilked out of two-months-worth of money...and for people who have signed up for four or more sessions a month, that can be a lot of money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Built-Personal-Training/Jonesboro-Arkansas-72401/Custom-Built-Personal-Training-Autorenewal-of-contract-cost-me-160-Jonesboro-Arkansas-1039776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Built Personal Training