Complaint Review: Custom Built Personal Training

• Updated: Wed, September 18, 2013

• Reported By: NorCal Transplant — Manteca California
Custom Built Personal Training
15362 S Harlan Rd Lathrop, California USA

Custom Built Personal Training Ninety Day Contract Turns into Nine Month Ordeal Lathrop California

At the  commencement of a ninety contract I informed the Sales Manager [No longer with company] that I would not being renewing the contract at the end of the ninety days. I restated that I would not be renewing sixty days out, thirty days out, and again upon completion of the contract. CBPT auto-renewed my contract, charging my credit card $140.00 repeatedly.

Spoke with multiple members of CBPT who defiantly informed that I had no recourse, the charges would not be removed, and that I would continue to receive monthly charges indefinitely unless I read the 'small print' and followed the instruction precisely. The new manager challenged my rights, ability to read and comprehend the contract, as well as my ability to 'win' in a dispute of the charges.

Disputed the charges with Wells Fargo and had them removed. On September 6, 2013 three separate charges, totaling $500.00 were made to my credit card.  Once I again I was told to read my contract and that I had no recourse.  Reported the fraudulent charges to Wells Fargo who promptly removed the charges, closed my account, and ordered a new card because of the "repeated fraudulent and harassing behavior" [As stated by a Wells Fargo employee] of CBPT.

I have since learned that several people have been subject to this evil practice, including those with multiple year contracts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Built-Personal-Training/Lathrop-California-95330/Custom-Built-Personal-Training-Ninety-Day-Contract-Turns-into-Nine-Month-Ordeal-Lathrop-1085468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Built Personal Training