Complaint Review: Custom Built Personal Training

• Submitted: Fri, March 06, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 10, 2009

• Reported By:Davie Florida
Custom Built Personal Training
University Drive, Sunrise, Florida U.S.A.

Custom Built Personal Training Leo, not to be trusted - deceptive business practices, misleading Sunrise Florida

*UPDATE Employee: My response to the slander!

In Jan 2009 my roommate and I went to Planet Fitness gym with our friends to see if we might like to join. Happy with the atmosphere of the place, we did. Upon us joining we were given a free session with a personal trainer. My roommate went for her free session and upon the completion they, "Leo" presented her an opportunity to get 4 more sessions at the reduced rate of $30 per session and 2 free. She called me to see what I thought - on the phone she quoted this deal to me - the toal would be $159. (there was a $39 processing fee to set up the deal ) when she told me the number of sessions she actually told me 3 free and in the back ground her corrected her - that it was 2 - so Leo knew exactly what her understanding of the deal was. I gave her the banking info over the phone so she could have them deduct the $159 from her account. Leo told her to sign the pin pad authorizing the $159 to be drawn from her account. When questioned if that was all that would be w/drawn, "yes". Leo thanked her and handed her a business card with the name and number of her new trainer.

A month later when balancing the check book there was a unaccounted for debit for $120. When the bank was contacted it was discovered that this debit was from Custom Built Personal Training. Trying to call and see how this happened, Leo forwarded her to his corporate office. Apparently when Leo had her sign the pin pad authorizing the debit for the $159, what she was actually signing without her knowledge was a 1 year contract!! at $120 per month.

The numer you call for CBPT have 2 options, customer service and the operator. Both go a voice mail service for you to leave a message! Then of course when you finally get a person tehy take your complaint and then get in contact with the trainer. After not hearing back for a couple of days, my roommate contacted Leo directly and he refused to speak to her. Yelling at her on the phone telling her that his offie told him that she accussed him of stealing her account info. She did not. Then he hung up.

Do not try calling the manager at Planet Fitness, JJ, bc he wants no part in the misdealing of Leo. Who would want their name drug through the mud? JJ was not any help stating that in this business "people often get buyers remorse". The only remorse was trusting Leo.

After this incident she called Carol back at CBPT and told her what happened with Leo. She actually read to her the email she sent Leo on the issue and no where did it accusse him of stealing her banking info. So, now he is caught in his game and does not want to stand up and make it right.

Carol from CBPT also forwarded us a copy of the "contract" my roommate signed. Yes it is her signature but she had never seen this document before. Above where her signature is it states thatthis is an electronic signature - remember when she authorized the $159 debit - this is that signature.

So, because of his reluctance and childish behavior, this is not ending here. A complaint with the Better Business Bureau has been filed. Subsequent follow up with CBPT and any other venue we can find.

DO NOT TRUST anyone from Custom Built Personal Training! As you can see by the list here, this is a common practice they follow.

Missi
Davie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Built-Personal-Training/Sunrise-Florida/Custom-Built-Personal-Training-Leo-not-to-be-trusted-deceptive-business-practices-misl-431375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Built Personal Training

Missi,
In my tenure of being in the fitness industry- 10 years, there have been very few complaints against me all of which I have been wrongly accused. None of these accusations have been as ridiculous and outrageous as the lies and slander that have spewed in your report to which I am now responding. Your arguments are inconsistent, inaccurate and a complete fallacy. First, I think your roommate aka life partner should have raised the discrepancy herself rather than you having to address it. You were not present at the time of the transaction and therefore would not have any grounds to prove that there was, in any way shape or form deceptive or misleading business being conducted. Furthermore, if there was any miscommunication on the part of your roommate, she should have raised questions then because a copy of the agreement was given to her, as we do with all our clients, along with my business card. Secondly, every transaction is documented. Upon reviewing your roommates (aka Debra Lee) evaluation, it clearly states in three different sections, the agreement would be for a 12 month period. Also documented, it shows where I explained to Ms Lee our down payment policy which is first and last month, plus a processing fee of $39.00. She then explained she would be unable to pay the last month. Subsequently, I only charged her $159.00. I now raise the question to you: Why would I ask for first and last month if she would be only signed up for a one-month agreement?
I first heard of Ms Lee's lies via email from my corporate office. The email stated verbatim Regarding client Deborah Lee, she called in today very upset, she said that she was just informed her agreement is for 12 months and not one month. I pulled the agreement and its signed and it is for 12 months. I did explain that information to the client, she then said that she never provided her credit card information to Leo she paid him cash. I did explain that we were provided account information. The client is claiming that Leo got her bank account information from her gym membership and put it on her agreement. I did inform the client that we are two separate companies and we do not have access to that type of information that is provided to the gym'. My response to this email was Its obvious to me that Deborah Lee is having buyer's remorse. Mrs. Lee got her bank info from her partner while on the phone in front of me. At no time did she give me any cash. And at no time do I ever get any bank info from the gym .Also I keep in each clients folder my scrap papers from each intro I do. In Mrs Lees papers in three different spots shows where i told her 12 months. Also in her papers i had wrote down the fees for here program which show 1st month, last month, and process fee. After she saw it would cost $279 today she said she can only pay the first month and the process fee. The paper shows where I crossed out the last month and only charged her $159. So how did she think it was only a one-month program? On top of all that Mrs Lee received a copy of her agreement. If you need anything more from me or a copy of my scrap paper just let me know.
So when you state Missi, that I yelled at your roommate and you accuse me of things that are false, please make sure that you get your story correct. I did not yell at your roommate I simply stated that I had no wish to speak to her since it was already brought to the corporate office and I considered her a liar. Also, Missi please make sure you have your facts together because the person from corporate name is TARA not Carol; which I would expect you to get wrong anyway because you were-again-not present. I would advise, for future reference, the next time you sign a contract-so as not to falsely accuse the contractor of wrong doing- you take the time (like any intelligent individual) to review it thoroughly. These are pretty serious allegations, again- none of which are true. The next time you attempt to slander an honest businessman because you or your roommate/life partner are financially incapable of following through on a contract, please get your facts straight and at least make it believable. How is it possible for me to get banking information from a national corporation such as Planet fitness? You are clearly fabricating all these lies simply to get out of the contract that your roommate/life partner knowingly and willingly signed.
Lastly, in reference to her contract she also receives correspondence via email stating clearly the terms of her contract. As I have stated previously, I have been an executive in this industry for almost 11 years; I have an impeccable reputation. A reputation that is backed by many years of referrals as manager and testimonials from my days as a personal trainer. For someone as despicable and fraudulent as yourself to come along and try to change that with your dishonesty and fictitious version of what occurred on 1/14/09 is appalling. I suggest you find more significant things to do with your time other than sit at a computer and fabricate lies to get out of your responsibilities.