Complaint Review: Custom Fireplace & Stone

• Reported By: superzeeman — Mankato Minnesota United States of America
Custom Fireplace & Stone
Mnakot, Minnesota United States of America

Custom Fireplace & Stone Jon Lewis Didnt Finish The Job Mnakot, Minnesota

I am not posting to slam small busness just to say what my experience was with Custom Fireplace & Stone and owner John Lewis. I had some work done on my fireplace, specifically a top closing damper installed. The item is operated by a lever installed on the wall of the fireplace. He gave me an cost and I agreed to it and he installed the damper only when it came to the lever, he didnt properly attatch it to the wall of the fireplace and it is now falling off. The end result is I cant use the fireplace as I cant get damper opened. So I called him and he admitted that he didnt do it right and that he would come fix it after the first of the year. So last week, I kept calling him to come fix it and he always said that he would get to it. End result of the phone calls, he has the balls to tell me he wont fix it unless I pay him more money. Not cool. He broke his word, does not stand behine his promises and generally wont stand behind his work. The end result? I had to fix it myself. It was not rocket science and he could have had a happy customer for a half hours work. But now, I am saying that he should be looked at with great detail before hiring him for any work. Just my 2 cents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Fireplace-Stone/Mnakot-Minnesota-56001/Custom-Fireplace-Stone-Jon-Lewis-Didnt-Finish-The-Job-Mnakot-Minnesota-996049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Fireplace & Stone