cast

• Submitted: Sat, February 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 11, 2012

• Reported By: Jenna — Wichita Falls Texas United States of America
Custom Lists

Custom Lists Promises Instant Download, NEVER gives your a product and WON'T LET YOU TALK TO ANYONE!!! Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: CustomLists.net Response and Changes

I run a business that required an extensive database of businesses in the United States. I found Custom Lists and chose to use them over Data Deport because they were cheaper and Data Depot promises you 28 million businesses but you only actually get 14, they count each keyword for the same business as a separate entry. So we decided to try this new company.

Well, not only did they promise an instant download when you order, they instruct you to call them to verify your identity and then tell you to hang up, they have to call you. Once this has been done, you get an email saying that you will get your order within 24 hours (scam!) So they've already broken their promise once, with no instant download. Oh, but they have no problem taking your money instantly!

So then 24 hours goes by and our company is losing production time because we still don't have a list. Our print shop isn't open for long on the weekends so I send an email. No response. I open a live chat from their website and get a representative who refuses to give me any information on my order, tells me that the company doesn't have a phone and that he doesn't know who upper management is, but they have my money and my order. He promises I will have one or the other sometime in the future. He can't tell me what the delay is, and refuses to let me speak with anyone else.

This is obviously a scam run by an Australian teenager who doesn't know that people get in serious trouble for false advertising, internet fraud and international theft! Anyway, it cost me $399 to learn this lesson, don't get scammed too!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2012 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Lists/internet/Custom-Lists-Promises-Instant-Download-NEVER-gives-your-a-product-and-WONT-LET-YOU-TALK-837523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Lists

CustomLists.net Response and Changes

AUTHOR: Customlists Customer Service Manager - ()

On behalf of the Customer Service Team at Customlists.net, we sincerely apologize to this customer for their poor experience. We are in no way a scam company, but we have made some mistakes in the past that we have addressed. One of them is saying that we have an instant download without explaining that we have to verify your order first to prevent fraud (a major problem when selling digital products online). We state this clearly now on our website.

We also have a customer service team to answer our phones 24X7 and we provide worldwide toll-free #'s. We are now under new management (no teenagers here) and we have been investing heavily to acquire new, quality data and ensure excellent customer service.

We update our many databases monthly with current data from reputable online sources and we purchase fresh data regularly from leading data wholesale companies.

We also don't claim to have perfect or 100% accurate data like some competitors. That is impossible especially for the low prices at which we sell our data. You can be assured that our satisfaction guarantee is honored for all customers as listed on our site.

We genuinely want to help small businesses grow by providing the best quality and value of marketing data available. Compare us to our competitors and we believe you will see the value we have to offer.