Complaint Review: Custom Teleconnect

• Updated: Sat, December 12, 2009

• Reported By: Jessica — Ramona California United States of America
Custom Teleconnect
6242 W.DESSERT INN RD. Las Vegas, California United States of America

Custom Teleconnect 1-877-BEST-CALL Non-disclosure of rates and service fees Las Vegas, California

I stopped at a gas station halfway between San Diego and El Centro to place a call to my fiance and let him know that I had met with a handful of delays in my departure to visit him, and that I was alive and well - he had expected me to arrive in the afternoon, and it was at this point well into the evening, and my cellphone had been destroyed by a friend's puppy, so I had no other means of getting ahold of him. I used my debit card to pay for the call, expecting that the charge would probably be a bit high, but tolerable. My fiance didn't pick up, and I left a voicemail. The full length of the call was approximately 5 minutes.

After arriving at my fiance's house, and upon checking my account history, I saw a charge of $20.00 from a business called Custom Teleconnect, located in Las Vegas, NV. I did some digging online and found their website (which is catered towards businesses looking to install payphones and pay for their connection services), a listing of their fee schedules (again, designed for the businesses looking for their services), and at least one filed complaint against them by a general consumer for the exact same thing.

I will take this up with my bank immediately, and have them dispute the charge. I can see paying up to $5.00 for the service to connect me - the gas station was in the middle of nowhere, and my fiance's # carries an out-of-state area code - but $20? I don't even have a word for how insane that is. Ridiculous, ludicrous, obscene, outrageous, unheard-of, outlandish, jaw-dropping, and criminal also seem not quite enough to describe this charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 02:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Teleconnect/Las-Vegas-California-89146/Custom-Teleconnect-1-877-BEST-CALL-Non-disclosure-of-rates-and-service-fees-Las-Vegas-Cal-538169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Teleconnect