Complaint Review: Customer Service Group Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, July 13, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Customer Service Group Inc.
1010 Lonsdale Avenue Markham, Ontario Canada

Customer Service Group Inc., Mike W. Brown, Human Resources Manager Offer employment as a secrete shopper to analyse Wal Mart, Money Gram and JC Penny Markham Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Another comment

*Author of original report: Customer Service Group Inc, 1010 Lonsdale Ave, Markham, ON T0H3V0, The company slogan is: CS Group Inc a full service secret shopping company that not only evaluates great service but provides it as well.

*Consumer Comment: It is hard to give up a dream.

*Consumer Comment: Oh, yeah ??

*Author of original report: Involvement with my bank to determine if check has cleared

*Consumer Comment: ITS FRAUD

I received a check in the amount of $1,675.00. I did not make a copy of the check; however, I did deposit it into my checking account. My bank reflected the deposit in my account immediately.

The letter instructed me to use the funds as follows:

a. $200.00 Employee's pay: pay rate increases after completion of first assignment
b. $50 Wal Mart - receipt required
c. $1,295.00 Money Gram. Transfer reference number and receipt required
d. $50.00 JC Penny. Receipt required
I called the company and now I am waiting to see if the check clears my bank even thought my bank honored the check.

A Customer Service Group Inc Evaluation Form was included in the mailer. Each business was assigned 1 to 5 ranking table, my employee #, my name and address.

A third document was included in the mailing which addressed Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.

I do not know if the company is fradulent or not. However, I will not disburse any funds until the check clears. If it clears, I will carryout the instructions in the letter. If not I will continue this report.

Rr allison
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2008 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Customer-Service-Group-Inc/Markham-Ontario-T0H-3V0/Customer-Service-Group-Inc-Mike-W-Brown-Human-Resources-Manager-Offer-employment-as-a-350801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Customer Service Group Inc.

Another comment

AUTHOR: FraudInvestigator - (U.S.A.)

Just to let you know I am a fraud investigator that works for WB "your Bank" as you stated earlier we were also looking out for you and attempting to verify the funds. As a matter of fact you may have spoken to myself or one of my teammates as we handle these kinds of cases daily.

The fact that it took so long to return against your account is that the other institution had to return the item and therefore it is no fault of Wachovia Bank. I am glad to see that you were ultimately protected and we were able to save you some funds as you are on a tight budget.

Please don't forget to pass around a good word for us. Have a great day.
This is my final report. Customer Service Group Inc is a rip off. The check I deposited in my bank did not clear. It took my bank almost two weeks to complete the processing of the check; therefore, if I had not questioned the check, I would be out at least $1,500 considering the return checks I would have had against my account.

On a fixed income, I cannot afford to lose any funds. As a matter of fact, I was attempting to find ways to strengthen my monthly income. If my daughter had not alerted me, I would have complied with the instructions in the letter. There are many people out here who are looking for ways to earn extra income from home. Carrying out the instructions in the letter seemed like tasks I could do without a problem. Therefore, I found it appealing. It was not a get rich quick scheme; consequently I did not envision it being a ploy. It seemed plausible.

This scam has the potential to harm many people who cannot easily recover from such a loss. It is imperative that everything possible is done to alert the public and stop these people.

It is hard to give up a dream.

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

That check could float around for 20 days or more. 10 business days is two weeks, i.e. 14 calander days. Usually the victim waits 5 or 6 days and then sends off their money by wire, only to finally see the check bounce.

Really, if you stop and think about this, where is the sense in anyone sending a valid check to you and then asking you to wire most of the money in that check on to someone else? Why involve you at all? Why did they not simply send the money directly to the designated wire transfer recipient? But if the check is BAD, this complicated nonsense makes a lot of sense- for the scammers!

Oh, yeah ??

AUTHOR: Atlanta Guy - (U.S.A.)

Of course it's a scam !! Have you not read the many, MANY reports of this scam on this site ??? How many people have to tell you it's a scam before you believe it ???? You're just the kind of fool these scammers prey upon. WISE UP !! You're on their list now.

Involvement with my bank to determine if check has cleared

AUTHOR: Rr allison - (U.S.A.)

The check has not cleared the bank; however, my bank, Wachovia Bank is quite concerned and referred me to its fraud division. The fraud division's investigator stated that he was certain that the entire operation is a scam. The funds covering the check in my account have been frozen and will remain so until the check clears or is proven to be bogus.
According to my bank, this has all the markings of a scam. Nevertheless, the final proof will not occur until the check clears or bounces. When either occurs I'll upate.

AUTHOR: Sean - (U.S.A.)

Just to let you know. I deal with these types of scams on a daily bases working for the bank. This is a common scam, anyone who gives you money to in turn western union or moneygram funds back to another person is typically fraud. This item will return to your institution typically within 10 business days and will cause at least a 10 deposit item return fee to post against your account. If it is still outside of the 10 business days I would still recommend letting the funds sit as it will likely return and you will be held liable for these funds. I have also seen countless other letters for the same job that you have been "hired" for. Feel free to google this and you will find that this is a common nigerian 419 scam. Hope this helps you out