Complaint Review: Customers Compensation Center

• Updated: Sat, August 20, 2011

• Reported By: Skeptic — Houston Texas United States of America
Customers Compensation Center
50 Central Ave. Tappan, New York United States of America

Customers Compensation Center If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Sent me realistic-looking check and letter, but I was suspicious. Tappan, New York

Customers Compensation Center sent me a letter which was postmarked and stamped in Canada and enclosed a bogus check.  I immediately suspected it was a scam because it was too good to be true.  I wasn't fooled.  The letter was titled "Award Claim Final Notification" and announced that I had won $50,500 in a sweepstakes and a check for $3550 was enclosed.  The letter stated that $2400 in taxes were due on the winnings and that I should call Mr. Randy Morrison at 647-818-7784 before cashing the check.  I didn't call him, send money, or cash the check.

I investigated online and sure enough, the check was drawn on a defunct bank, AmSouth, which according to Wikipedia was acquired by Regions Financial Corp in 2006 and thus is now nonexistent.  The check was imprinted with the name and address of Phoenix Brands, Indianapolis, IN., so that is a forgery.

I also found other similar reports on Ripoff Reports.  Where are the state Attorneys-General?  Where are the Feds?  Sic 'em!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2011 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Customers-Compensation-Center/Tappan-New-York-10990/Customers-Compensation-Center-If-it-sounds-too-good-to-be-true-it-is-Sent-me-realistic-767640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Customers Compensation Center