Complaint Review: Customers Compensation Center

• Submitted: Thu, July 07, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, July 07, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Winston-Salem North Carolina United States of America
Customers Compensation Center
50 Central Avenue Tappan, New York United States of America

Customers Compensation Center Only the Best Truck Broker Check - $3550 - Fraudulent - Tappan, New York

I received a letter in the mail today postmarked from Ontario, Canada. It contained a letter and a check in the amount of $3550, payable to me.

The letter did not appear to be professionally done. The check appeared to have been printed on a deskjet printer.

I was instructed to call a Mr. Randy Morrison at 1-647-975-6489 and he instructed me to deposit the check and then call him back for additional instructions, which made me leary. There was something hinky about my having to pay taxes out of this portion of the "winnings."

There was a sign in my bank asking questions about whether or not I knew who had written the check to me and that I would be responsible for funds deposited in my account, especially if they were not honored. I never cashed the check, even though I went to the back to do so. I did make a copy of it and the letter. I put in "customers compensation center" to do a search and saw the Rip-Off Center website for this organization. I'm glad I thought twice about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2011 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Customers-Compensation-Center/Tappan-New-York-10990/Customers-Compensation-Center-Only-the-Best-Truck-Broker-Check-3550-Fraudulent-Tap-750242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Customers Compensation Center