qualified

• Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: sue — Merewether Other Australia
Cutco Australia
Internet Australia

Cutco Australia Cutco must be having difficulties worldwide, Lalor, Vic. Australia Internet

I have owned Cutco knives for many years and recently sent 3 of them in for sharpening.  I live in Australia and the agent is now in Victoria.   After 2 1/2weeks, I had a phone call saying that 2 of my knives were so badly blunted that they had to be sent to the USA for sharpening.  I declined the suggestion as the cost quoted was $70 each way.  I asked for them to be returned.

However, 3 months have passed and I still do not have my knives back.   It is impossible to speak to anyone at the company (I now have the strong suspicion that there is 1 person there only) as one is obliged to give them your number for them to ring you  back.   Of course, I have left numerous messages and have not had a reply.    I sent funds for the knives to be returned to me, but this seems to have made no difference.

Cutco is meant to have a 'forever' guarantee.   Well, forever means never in this case.   I emailed the USA branch to give them feedback about my experience here in Australia, and I am still waiting for a reply - 6 weeks later.   I could never recommend this company and forget about the fancy guarantees they offer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 04:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cutco-Australia/internet/Cutco-Australia-Cutco-must-be-having-difficulties-worldwide-Lalor-Vic-Australia-Intern-875889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cutco Australia