Complaint Review: CyberPowerPC

• Submitted: Tue, May 31, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: Jay — Edinburg Texas United States of America
CyberPowerPC

CyberPowerPC TechSupport Rep was rude and unethical. Provided me with instructions that only a professional should handle. Rep got frustrated and hung up on me. Internet

I contacted CyberPowerPC Tech Support 3 days ago and I received a call back today.  I informed the rep about my current issues and gave me instructions.

The instructions that were given to me were a bit out of my basic knowledge of the computers.  So I asked the rep if someone can come in and do what he asked me to do and replied that they do not offer in-house support.

Then I asked what kind of warranty I had because I was afraid if I do the instructions he gave me, I might damage the computer further. The information he gave me about my warranty was different that what was printed on my receipt.

This is the part where he started giving me a tone and attitude and babbled words after words when I simply told him I was informed differently.  So to get to the point, I cut him off and asked what can I do.

He then replied that I should take it to a local computer repair services. I asked him if I have to pay for that and he gave me a disrespectful reply, "When do you not pay for services?".

So I asked him again what kind of warranty I had because at this point, I just wanted to return the computer and get my money back since i still qualify for refund under their "warranty".  At this point he replied by saying that I "may or may not" get my money back if I do return the computer.

I asked him what he meant by that and asked what kind of company does he work with.  He simply got more irritated and hung up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CyberPowerPC/internet/CyberPowerPC-TechSupport-Rep-was-rude-and-unethical-Provided-me-with-instructions-that-735183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CyberPowerPC