Complaint Review: CyberRebate

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2003

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
CyberRebate
One Comac Loop Unit 14A Ronkonkoma, New York U.S.A.

Cyberrebate's fraud bankrupted me and victimized many other consumers Ronkonkoma New York

If something sounds too good to be true, it is! I gave CyberRebate.com a skeptical trial run because I thought it might be just that. When everything worked like they had said that first time, though, I fell right into the scam.

They would sell you grossly over-priced items, everything from kids' toys to TVs. After you received them, you were supposed to send back the UPC code with a rebate form and then CyberRebate would mail you a rebate check. The first set of transactions went smoothly, but I never got any rebates for all the purchases after that.

I tried to get my credit card companies to go after them and take the charges off my cards, but they refused, saying that because the problem was with the rebates and not the original purchases, there was nothing they could do.

So now I'm in credit card debt hell. I ended up with over $15,000 in charges on my cards because of the hugely inflated prices of the items. I don't know what to do, so if there's anyone out there who can help, please let me know!

Angela
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2003 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CyberRebate/Ronkonkoma-New-York-11779-6816/Cyberrebates-fraud-bankrupted-me-and-victimized-many-other-consumers-Ronkonkoma-New-York-62710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CyberRebate