Complaint Review: Cyberdefender

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: John Longacre — Lecanto Florida United States of America

Cyberdefender mycleanpc.com No notification that my service had been stopped and wanted me to start over with initial costs. Internet

Had subscription to cyberdefender.  I called last night to check to see how much it would cost to have another computer added to the subscription.  I was told that my subscription had expired.  I was surprised because I started in March.  I was told that my last payment was at the end of May.  My payments were made as an automatic debit from my checking account.  I explained the following to the nice girl on the phone.  In the beginning of June while driving to Texas to take care of my fathers estate I lost my debit card in along I-10 in Louisianna.  I called Wells Fargo and reported the card lost and was told that I could go to a local Wells branch in Texas and get a temporary card.  I did that and got a replacement in the mail.  The thing is when cyberdefender processed the payment it did not go through.  They want me to repay the initial fee to restart the program!

Here is where I really have the problem!  You are inundated with email ads, television ads and the emails after you subscribe.  BUT, do you get one that says your payment did not process??? NOPE!  I was told that they do not send out emails notifying customers that a payment failed to process.  So I paid about $230 for three months and two sessions on one computer.

I go plenty of emails telling me that I was way over my storage limit and I could purchase more space.  Hey, who set up the back up parameters?? Cyberdefender,  I had to delete info from them so I would not have to pay more money.It lookslike you've exceeded the allotted storage space included in your Online Backupaccount.

To avoid an interruption in your service,please take one of the two actions below within the next 30 days.
1.Get More Storage
Call a CyberDefender Customer Support Agent for help with purchasing a plan that better meets your storage needs at (877) 775-6915. Were available 7 days a week to assist you.

Delete Files

Reduce the amount of storage you are currently using by removing files from your Online Vault using the steps below

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cyberdefender/internet/Cyberdefender-mycleanpccom-No-notification-that-my-service-had-been-stopped-and-wanted-m-925134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cyberdefender