Complaint Review: Cyberpower Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 19, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — Nashville Tennessee USA
Cyberpower Inc.
5175 Commerce Dr. Baldwin Park, California United States of America

Cyberpower Inc. CyberpowerPC.com Cyberpower rips off customers Baldwin Park, California

I order a computer from Cyberpower Inc. directly from their internet site for the cost of $1,500 dollars roughly. This has been the single worst mistake I have ever made regarding making a purchase. First of all, I paid for early delivery (within 5 days) and was informed a week later by phone that it would not arrive in that time. I was also informed they were recalling the Intel chip set I had chosen. Ok so no biggy right? These things happen.

I get the computer and it crashes a few times once I have it set up and running. I called their customer service listed on their website and I am told that the crashes are probably just internet related issues. After a few months though the crashes are happening often and the computer is just real slow. I contact their customer service and get instructed to pull out memory sticks and other things that I should not be doing.

I finally demanded they fix the computer per the warranty and they relent and give me an RMA number. However I get told that I will have to pay the full shipping to them. This turns out to be $60 and does not seem to be mentioned in the warranty I got. So the computer goes to them and 3 weeks later is sent back to me with various parts being listed as having been replaced. When I go to boot up this piece of crap it begins crashing and as before runs very slow. I had while all this was going on bought another computer (a Gateway FX pc) for half the price of the Cyberpower PC and it runs fast and smooth without any issues. So I call Cyberpower back and get told that I cannot get a refund and that I would have to pay for shipping (Again!) to send it back for repairs even though they sent it to me unfixed. I also get the impression that they did not replace the items in the computer they listed as having replaced.

The customer service guy was rude and confrontational on the phone. It was obvious to me he was used to getting complaints and attacking customers. He refused to give me contact info for management, let me speak to a supervisor, or anything. This reminds me of basically the kind of operation where you buy a product from someone, find out it is junk, then call them, and they deny even selling you the item because they know they ripped you off and understand why you are calling back.

Cyberpower PCs are junk and their customer service and sales people are ripping me and others off with selective interpretations of the warranty which is basically useless. It isn't cheap to send a heavy computer throught he mail and demanding shipping from a customer on a shoddy made product is the worst kind of way to run a business. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cyberpower-Inc/Baldwin-Park-California-91706/Cyberpower-Inc-CyberpowerPCcom-Cyberpower-rips-off-customers-Baldwin-Park-California-767330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cyberpower Inc.