Complaint Review: Cyberpower PC

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: shane187 — Clarksville Tennessee United States of America
Cyberpower PC
4802 Littlejohn Street Baldwin Park, California United States of America

Cyberpower PC CyberpowerPC Horrible dishonorable unethical cancerous ripoff Baldwin Park, California

*UPDATE Employee: CyberPower PC Support

Ordered computer from Cyberpower PC's website which was very sleek and user friendly. After wrapping up my order I reviewed my receipt and all was in order and the shipping would take approximately 2 weeks. My order was placed on june 5, 2012, on July 5,2012 (one month later) the computer arrived at my front porch via UPS. I opened the box and setup up the computer and attempted to power the new machine up. Windows logo appears but with red and white stripes running vertically followed 2 seconds later with a blue screen of death. After 2 more tries it's time for tech-support... India style. Ok so after determing that I had plugged my computer into an outlet the techsupport person asked me to hold on while he transferred me to the "lead technical support person". the "lead" technical support advised me that I had a bad mother board or video card and to send machine back for repair... ok... I can understand that... it happens.
27 DAYS LATER
July 31, 2012 UPS is at my door!!! I open the card board box and setup up the computer.. the same and i mean EXACTLY the same issue as before. I'm miffed.
Call to tech support leads me to the same "lead" tech support who tells me it's a bad video card, and then asks me if im handy around computers and has ME check a few things.. bad video card. OK so he agrees to just send me the card as im fully competent enough to do it myself which is ok with him. Done.  Errr so I though. 7 days later I get a call from the "lead tech support guy" asking me to pay $250 for the video card that needed to be replaced and that I would be refunded upon receipt of defective card. He did not tell me that!! I ask for refund.. he says sure.. but I need to pay the shipping not only back but the initial shipping to me which would be around $120. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with.... AND yep the put a hold on my credit card after telling them not too and still have not sent me a new video card.. no return calls from Cyberpower.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cyberpower-PC/Baldwin-Park-California-91706/Cyberpower-PC-CyberpowerPC-Horrible-dishonorable-unethical-cancerous-ripoff-Baldwin-Park-923969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cyberpower PC

CyberPower PC Support

AUTHOR: CyberHD - (USA)

Dear Valued Customer,

First, we do apologize for any inconvenience and any miscommunication. Our records indicate you have contacted our tech support today (8/8/12), and spoke to a representative in regards to your concern. We thank you for taking the time to speak with our personnel and allowing us the opportunity to review and properly address your concern. Our records also indicate that no hold was placed on the credit card provided. Should you have information showing there was a hold, please forward that information to cyberhd.tech@cyberpowerpc.com so that we may immediately have that addressed.