Complaint Review: Cybersonic

• Submitted: Tue, September 03, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, September 03, 2002

• Reported By:Erlanger ky
Cybersonic
1111 Watson Unit B Carson, California U.S.A.

Cybersonic consumer rip-off fraud Carson California

I ordered the Cybersonic toothbrush several months ago. At the time of my order, the customer service rep asked if I wanted to automatically receive the replacement brushes and whitening gel each month. I told her no, I would call the company and order them when I needed them.

A few months ago a charge for $26 appeared in my checking account. I called and asked what the charge was for and they said it was for the replacement brushes (which I had not ordered and had not been sent to me). I told the CS rep that I had not signed up for the automatic payment service and she told me that there was nothing she could do because I hadn't placed my order with them. Apparently, if you call the 1-800 number from the television ad, you will reach a sub-contracted company that is not actually Cybersonic. They get bonuses for the replacement sets sold so they automatically sign you up for it even if you say you don't want it.

I complained and requested a refund which she refused to give me. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told he was on another call and would have to call me back. I gave her my name and number and they said I would hear from him within 24 hours. It's been two months and I still haven't heard from him and they won't refund my money.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! YOU WILL ONLY WASTE YOUR MONEY!
By the way - the button on my toothbrush inverted last month and wouldn't turn off. I returned it for a replacement and still have not received it.

Sandra
Erlanger, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2002 02:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cybersonic/Carson-California-90745/Cybersonic-consumer-rip-off-fraud-Carson-California-28795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cybersonic