Complaint Review: Cyclespot

Cyclespot
cyclespot.co.nz Auckland, New Zealand New Zealand

Cyclespot ripoff Defective brand new Honda CBR 1000R5 Auckland New Zealand

Here is the letter I sent to Cyclespot - Auckland (The Honda dealer):

As discussed, I am writing to advise my disappointment in the reliability and serviceability of the CBR1000 R5 that I purchased from you on 18 November 2004.

There have been a number of issues which I would not expect in a brand new bike with a Honda badge.

Bike history
The first issue (in the first week) was with incorrect valve clearance causing an audible ticking noise.

This required a major service with permission having to be sought to remove the head and replace the shim. The fuel injection light was also coming up within the first 2 weeks after purchase. At this time I suggested that the bike wasn't right and that it may require replacement.

I was asked to keep the bike as the problems were then expected to go away.

In February while still within the first 3 months after purchase, I was on a tour of the South Island with some friends when the clutch failed. The Timaru Honda dealership (Timaru Honda), opened the clutch and found that the plates were fried due to lack of oil. The inner clutch hub was not circulating the oil and the dealership drilled more holes after replacing the plates to ensure better circulation. It is unclear whether this is poor design or a manufacturing problem.

While on the same trip around the South Island, loose bolts on the stand meant that the bike which had been correctly set on the stand fell over due to the looseness of the bolts, resulting in serious cracking of the fairing. I do not consider this damage to be any fault of mine.

The front brake is overheating even when not being used, and I believe this to be a sign that the brake pads are touching the disc even when not in use.

When the rear brakes are applied, the rear brake light does not come on.

The ticking noise which appeared when I first bought the bike has returned, which may indicate a problem with another cylinder.

My concerns
This particular bike is not serviceable or safe as I would expect from a new bike.

I have been a good customer of Honda, having owned at least 6 Hondas, and with 3 CBRs at the moment.
From the time I bought the bike I have been expressing my concerns, and the list of problems is continuing to grow. I have previously offered the opportunity to resolve the issue by replacing the bike, and consider this option to be the best way forward in resolving the growing list of concerns.

I no longer trust this bike when riding and do not believe I have received good value for my purchase.

Regards...

Cyclespot wanted to assess the bike.
After the assessment they said that there was nothing wrong with the bike. They could not simulate the failure of the side stand.
Therefore, they said that I must have dropped it.
Basically they said I am a liar. According to them,they never had other problem with other Honda similar to mine.
They will let me know but they told me already that the NZ distributor it will not do anything.
I will fix my bike and I will sell it straight away. I will never buy another Honda in my life (I will sell also my two CBRs 250 and 600cc). I will never put my feet in Cyclespot Auckland. I will advise all my friends' bikers to do the same as they proved to be very unprofessional (to say the least). The sad part is that I liked Honda and I thought they would be more helpful. What a shame

Antonio
Auckland
New Zealand

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2005 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cyclespot/Auckland-New-Zealand/Cyclespot-ripoff-Defective-brand-new-Honda-CBR-1000R5-Auckland-New-Zealand-136941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cyclespot