Complaint Review: Cydor (The Marketing Group)

• Submitted: Sun, July 17, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, July 17, 2005

• Reported By:Mclean Virginia
Cydor (The Marketing Group)
Boone Blvd, Vienna, VA Nationwide U.S.A.

Cydor (The Marketing Group) Shady, Deceptive, Misleading Vienna VA

About a month ago, I answered an add on MOnster.com for a "marketing internship" with a company called the Marketing Group, which i was later to find out was a branch of CYDCOR. The add explained a glamorous job with the possibility of advancement within the company in a short amount of time. The add also mentioned that people involved with sports or greek organizations would make a good fit. As a nineteen year old college athlete, i thought that i fit the bill. The summer is my only time to save up money for school as I am an athelete, and am not able to work during school, or during breaks.

I found the same experiences as other who have posted here: ghetto office, 12 hour days, extensive mileage on my car, hgih cell phone bills, and little pay. When i was on my infamous second interview, my "leader" told me the average account executive(fancy name they give to door to door salesmen)make between 700-1000$ per week. I thought, not bad for a summer internship. However, i was surprised at the number of people in the office the following week who made less than 200 in a week. I understand now the reason they wanted people involved in atheltics- i walked about five miles a day. I was tough many shady sales techniques on how to "close" or basically be an a*****e. I wish i would have seen this site earlier, for now i have been working w/ them for 3 weeks and have only about five hundred dollars to show for it, and easily more than that in expenses. Plus a ton of extra miles on my car. BEWARE!

Mclean, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2005 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cydor-The-Marketing-Group/nationwide/Cydor-The-Marketing-Group-Shady-Deceptive-Misleading-Vienna-VA-150061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cydor (The Marketing Group)