Complaint Review: Cymax Stores Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, February 12, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 12, 2010

• Reported By: Jason — Jackson Ohio United States of America
Cymax Stores Inc.
1800 1188 W. Georgia St. Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Cymax Stores Inc. $3700 Mattresses? Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

I ordered bedroom furniture 12/20/09 for $3,682.46.  My credit card was charged 3 days later.  I received an e-mail promising delivery by 1/8/10.  A week after placing my order, I received two "complimentary" futon mattresses, which I never wanted, but there was no way to remove them when placing the order.  After the promised delivery date, I was informed that the furniture was back-ordered.  I submitted an order calcellation 2/3/10, but the company still has not issued a refund.

I've received conflicting stories from Customer Service.  The latest story is that they want the complimentary mattresses back before they will refund the cost of the furniture.  However, they are dragging their feet on actually arranging to send the mattresses back.  So my refund is being held up indefinitely for cheap mattresses that I never wanted in the first place.

Perhaps the company knew that the furniture was back-ordered all along, and sent me the mattresses just to make it more difficult to get a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2010 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cymax-Stores-Inc/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V6E-4A2/Cymax-Stores-Inc-3700-Mattresses-Vancouver-British-Columbia-Canada-568867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cymax Stores Inc.