Complaint Review: Cymax Stores

• Updated: Wed, April 08, 2009

• Reported By:MIDLAND Texas
Cymax Stores
1800-1188 Georgia Street West Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Cymax Stores Cymax Stores Lie, Waste Your Time, and Steal Your Money Vancouver British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Cymax corrected the situation.

I ordered an audio cabinet with turning shelves on November 29, 2008. The order was supposed to take 6-8 weeks. After 9 weeks with no communication I contacted Cymax for the order status. I was told the order would take another 4 weeks. After 14-1/2 weeks the order finally arrives at my home. The shelves are broken and non-funtional, so I refuse to accept the merchandise. I contact Cymax the following day and ask for a refund of my $1653.00.

I receive an email telling me that Cymax will only refund $896.88, and that I am responsible for $425.52 in shipping fees and $330.60 in restocking fees. The agent tells me that replacement shelves are in stock and that they can ship them UPS to the delivery agent. I agree. Two weeks later I am told that the shelves are still being fabricated. I demand a full refund, and I am told that all I will get is $896.88.

I view Cymax as a dishonest company who places the full burden of manufacturing or shipping problems on the customer. This has been the worst retail experience I have ever had.

Joseph
MIDLAND, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cymax-Stores/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V6E-4A2/Cymax-Stores-Cymax-Stores-Lie-Waste-Your-Time-and-Steal-Your-Money-Vancouver-British-Col-440604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cymax Stores

Cymax corrected the situation.

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

After three weeks of back and forth emails with Cymax, they resolved the issue to my satisfaction. I am very pleasantly surprised, and I am grateful that Cymax did stand behind their customer service policies.

copy