Complaint Review: Cymax

• Updated: Sat, March 09, 2013

• Reported By: MER — Baton Rouge Louisiana United States of America
Cymax

Cymax Refusal to Replace Damaged Items , Internet

I ordered a daybed from Cymax.  They informed me that it had been damaged in transport when I called to inquire as to why I had not received it in a timely fashion.  Then, the same day, their carrier called and wanted to schedule delivery, assuring me that it was only the cardboard box which was damaged.  They said that I could inspect it and return it if it was indeed damaged.

When the delivery truck arrived, I informed the delivery guy that I needed to open the boxes and make sure that the daybed was not damaged.  He said that no one had told him that there was a problem.  Although I could tell that he was anxious to get back on his route, he obliged.  I looked at the parts as quickly as I could since I knew he was on a schedule, and this was an unexpected delay for him.  The legs were wrapped in packaging material, which I did not remove.  The rest of the pieces appeared to be fine.  So, I marked that the daybed wasn't damaged on the sheet and let the delivery guy go.

Two days later on a Saturday), my husband and I began putting the daybed together.  After removing the wrapping around the legs, I discovered two large cracks around one of the feet.  Also, when trying to put the decorative post onto the side panel, it would not screw in and the entire piece just falls off.  There was also a significant scratch on one part.  I called Cymax as soon as they were open again (Monday) and let them know about the problems.  I also emailed photographs to document the issues.  They have refused to take responsibility since I signed the sheet saying that I did not see any damage!!  They are taking advantage of people.  The entire experience dealing with them has been a nightmare.  I have called twice and have gotten the same canned email response after the rep assured me that they would try to help me.

DO NOT BUY from them!!  They do not deal fairly!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2013 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cymax/internet/Cymax-Refusal-to-Replace-Damaged-Items-Internet-1026242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cymax