locked

• Submitted: Sat, January 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 03, 2009

• Reported By:rancho cucamonga California
Cynthia Hooks And Global Pet Delivery Agency
101 Candy Spring Laurel, Maryland U.S.A.

Cynthia Hooks And Global Pet Delivery Agency said she had a puppy sharpei and all I need to pay was for the $200 delivery fee to the adoption agency. On the date the puppy was to be delivered I received an email from the global pets delivery agency stating I needed to pay 800 through western union for puppy insurance. I realized I had been scammed Laurel Maryland

*Consumer Comment: CLASSICAL NIGERIAN PET ADOPTION SCAM

I was sent several email from Hooks stating she wanted to find a loving home for her puppy. She stated I only had to pay the delivery fee; however, on the date of the transaction I was informed by the agency that the puppy could not be delivered without me paying 800 for pet insurance. It further stated 90% of the insurance would be refunded upon the pet's arrival.

Immediately after I received this email I checked online as well as this website and realized I was a victim of scam artists. I immediately contacted western union to retrieve the delivery feel of 200. Of course after I contacted Cythina Hooks and the delivery agency and stated I would be contacted my attorney regarding this scam. I have not heard from either one since. Furthermore, when I looked at the reports of other victims I realized the emails were almost exact.

Anonymous
rancho cucamonga, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cynthia-Hooks-And-Global-Pet-Delivery-Agency/Laurel-Maryland-20707/Cynthia-Hooks-And-Global-Pet-Delivery-Agency-said-she-had-a-puppy-sharpei-and-all-I-need-t-415732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cynthia Hooks And Global Pet Delivery Agency

CLASSICAL NIGERIAN PET ADOPTION SCAM

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

THERE WAS NEVER A PUPPY.
IT NEVER EXISTED.

IT WAS A NIGERIAN SCAM.

THEY WANTED YOU TO SEND THEM MONEY FOR SHOTS, SHIPPING CRATE, CUSTOMS, ETC. & ETC. UNTIL YOU FINALLY REALIZED IT WASA SCAM AND STOP SENDING MONEY