- Report: #579541
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Cynthia Tracy
Cynthia Tracy1020 Bay Area Blvd. #216 Houston, Texas United States of America
Cynthia Tracy Darryll Tracy, Fraudulent Billing, Unethical Attorney Houston, Texas
*Consumer Comment: Darren Chaker is a deadbeat dad, a liar and a fraud.
*Consumer Comment: Darren knows nothing!
*Consumer Comment: Darren is bitter
*General Comment: Consider the source
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
A Few Thoughts on Cynthia Tracy--Houston Attorney---and Fraudulent Billing
I have personal experience with Cynthia Tracy as I have litigated a recent case where she is opposing counsel. Cynthia Tracy appears to make no effort to resolve issues out of court, even if those issues are minor or making an effort to avoid future litigation, Cynthia Tracy appears to refuse to communicate or otherwise reply to letters until the simple issue is forced to go to court. Just as Quality is Job 1 at Ford, billing hours for needless litigation and continuous court appearences is Job 1 for Cynthia Tracy. A few examples I have personally expierienced:
* When a motion was filed with the court, letters demonstrating multiple efforts were made to avoid going to court by simply resolving the issue informally with Cynthia Tracy were lodged with the court. Cynthia Tracy flipped and wrote a letter stating, in short, if such correspondence is lodged with the court again, she would seek sanctions. Cynthia Tracy forgot communication written during the court of litigation is NOT protected information, thus there is nothing to sanction. Cynthia Tracy was asked in writing to substantiate her civil threat of sanctions to suppress speech in court and what authority she had to make such a threat---to date and weeks later, Cynthia Tracy is as speechless as other attorneys who reviewed her letter. One attorney thought she attended an online law school!! I opposed this theory, since I believe she never went to law school (but of course she did, she's just not the sharpest tool in shed).
* Another example is her continued use of her family/kids to do work in her office, giving them the title of "Legal Assistant" but in reality, I cannot find anything indicating her kids Darryll or Sabrina Tracy attended a paralegal school or some form of higher education to demonstrate proficiency in the legal field. Even if they did, it does not appear from the multiple mistakes in paper work filed with the court that the work performed is done in a competent manner. Simply put, if the kids are going to help mom around the office, then don't provide a title they are not entitled to. Further, in the event the client is billed for use of a 'Legal Assistant' do NOT bill the client for use of a "Legal Assistant" when in reality, it's just your kids helping out.
* Yet another issue I have personally seen with Cynthia Tracy are pleadings filed with the court which misrepresent the nature of the proceedings. For example, in papers filed by Cynthia Tracy, she asked the court to have the parties divorced, however the parties were NEVER married!! Thus, it appears either Cynthia Tracy has the kids printing out paper work to file with the court which Cythia Tracy does NOT review, or Cynthia Tracy simply does not review what is filed with the court! Either is unacceptable and only increases the fees her client needs to pay to correct paper work or otherwise address mistakes she should have caught before filing with the court.
* Also, based on the pleadings Cynthia Tracy uses, it appears Cynthia Tracy uses ProDoc or other software based pleading generator. No doubt, this is great software, however, Cynthia Tracy requested the court to award sanctions in this case, which the court DENIED, but considering the time it took one of the kids or Cynthia Tracy to print out the pleadings she filed, it appears she misrepresented to the court the amount of time spent on the task due to the fact it doesn't take hours to print out papers when using software but only a few minutes.
In short, if you are seeking quality legal representation, do NOT go to Cynthia Tracy for it appears you will be overbilled and represented by someone who simply wants to generate fees and not resolve issues between the parties--but that's just my opinion based on my own experience with her office.
For additional details concerning Cynthia Tracy see an additional review on Yelp . com
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2010 01:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cynthia-Tracy/Houston-Texas-77058/Cynthia-Tracy-Darryll-Tracy-Fraudulent-Billing-Unethical-Attorney-Houston-Texas-579541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.