Complaint Review: DAMAGE INK TATTOO COMPANY

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 23, 2010

• Reported By:chandler Arizona
DAMAGE INK TATTOO COMPANY
2950 S Alma School Suite 6 MESA, Arizona U.S.A.

DAMAGE INK TATTOO COMPANY - Kelly Garnett Tattooing under the influence of Narcotics!!! MESA Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Damaged Ink is under new ownership!!!

*General Comment: THE TRUTH ABOUT KELLY GARNETT AND DAMAGE "YOUR SKIN" INK TATTOO COMPANY

*Consumer Comment: Hello Trouble!Not Suprised to see your comments here!

*Consumer Comment: damage ink

*Author of original report: Damage Ink Tattoos suck! (Chandler)

*Consumer Comment: Bi-polar?

*Consumer Comment: Damage Ink

*Author of original report: Damage Ink Tattoo Company (Kelly Garnett)

We were reffered to kelly garnett through a mutual friend. she said she had seen him do some awesome tattoos and thought that he would do a great job on my pin-up girl that i wanted to get tattooed on my leg. so i went to him and he did my tattoo but, while i was sitting there he kept popping pills? well come to find out he was taking 4 oxycontin pills at a time. turns out he is addicted to them! is Bi-polar also,is the biggest liar you will ever meet! i do not think that anyone should be tattooing anyone under the influence of narcotics or any other substance for that matter! oh yeah, and that tattoo i was telling you about turned out to be the most awful tattoo!! there is so much scaring and discoloration on my leg I'am enbarrased to show anyone! STAY AWAY FROM DAMAGED INK TATTOO's!!! all i can say is that there name matches them perfectly!!!! -

Diana
chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2008 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DAMAGE-INK-TATTOO-COMPANY/MESA-Arizona-85210/DAMAGE-INK-TATTOO-COMPANY-Kelly-Garnett-Tattooing-under-the-influence-of-Narcotics-ME-300570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DAMAGE INK TATTOO COMPANY

Damaged Ink is under new ownership!!!

AUTHOR: LadyPontious - ()

I dont know about this HOT MESS that as there before, but Damaged Ink is now under new ownership and management. NOW! Thank the lord for that. It is now a "PLACE OF BUSINESS" not a trashy tattoo shop! I have a few tattoos now from the new owner and I LOVE them all. I have quite a few that were done in shops and look AWFUL but this wont be a problem you see at Damaged Ink in mesa,Az anymore. Jason Arnold is the best artist I have ever met. Looks to me like he's here to take over and its much needed! ; )

#2 General Comment

THE TRUTH ABOUT KELLY GARNETT AND DAMAGE "YOUR SKIN" INK TATTOO COMPANY

AUTHOR: annymous - (United States of America)

JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON EVERYONE THAT HAS COMMETED. KELLY GARNETT WAS INFACT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF NARCOTICS WHILE HE WAS TATTOOING AND WHILE HE LIVED HIS DAY TO DAY LIFE, I HAD A FRIEND THAT WORKED THERE FOR A WHILE AND I PERSONALLY WITNESSED THE DOWNFALL OF THAT SO CALLED TATTOO SHOP. NOT ONLY IS THAT HORRIBLE BUT THE ENTIRE SHOP WAS TRASHED CONSTANTLY. KELLY WAS SO PARANOID ABOUT PEOPLE CATCHING HIM SELLING AND PURCHASING PILLS ILLEGALLY HE PERSONALLY PUNCHED WHOLES IN THE WALLS BECAUSE HE THOUGHT SOMEONE WAS PLACING CAMERAS IN THE SHOP WHILE HE WAS GONE. KELLY AND KRISTEN WERE HORRIBLE PEOPLE AND WOULD DO ALMOST ANYTHING FOR THERE NEXT PILL. I THOUGHT THE SHOP ATMOSPHERE WAS HORRIBLE AND GLAD THAT THE SHOP FINALLY CLOSED. IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND WOULDNT HAVE RECOMENDED ANY PERSON TO PUT THEMSELVES THROUGH THAT. KELLY HAS DONE SOME AWESOME TATTOOS. BUT THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS REPORT DOESNT KNOW HALF OF WHAT THEYARE TALKING ABOUT. AND THE PERSON THAT REPLIED TRYING TO DEFEND KELLY ONLY DID THAT BECAUSE SHE WAS AN OBSESSED WITH KELLY. MY FRIEND THAT WORKED THERE WOULDNT EVEN GET TATTOOED BY KELLY. THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH KELLY'S ARTISTS HAD FAITH IN HIM. IF YOU OWN ARTISTS DONT TRUST YOU WITH THEI SKIN THEN THERE IS A PROBLEM. MOST OF THE TIME WHEN KELLY DID ACTUALLY SHOW UP FOR WORK HE WAS CONSTANTLY LATE AND WOULD TAKE 9 HOURSTO DO A 30 MIN TATTOO. HE WAS A DISTURBING MAN AND HAS NO RIGHT PUTTING ART ON PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THEIR SKIN. HE WILL LIE, CHEAT, TRICK, AND STEAL TO PAY THE BILLS BECAUSE E SPENT ALL MONEY FROM THE ARTISTS OR HIS CLIENTS TO BUY $100-$300 IN PILLS AT A TIMEAND WOUD NEED MORE THE NEXT DAY.

FOR ANYONE THAT DOUBTS ME GO SCREW YOUR SELF YOU HAVE NO IDEA AND ANYON THAT ARGUES AND DEFENDS THIS SHOP IS PROBABLY A PILL POPPER THEMSELVES!!!!!!!

Hello Trouble!Not Suprised to see your comments here!

AUTHOR: B.b. - (U.S.A.)

This is for Trouble,

I am not suprised one bit to see your articles defending Damage!!! Now it is very clear as to why you are trying to make false statements against Idle Hands Tattoo down the street.

Anyways, I know that Damage Ink is a horrible, dirty shop and I know of one person that has been there. They recieved an ugly messed up tattoo from Kelly, but hey maybe he was tired because it was at about 2 in the morning when she recieved the tattoo. Also I have a friend who did a tattoo and Kelly filled it in, and it is now in his portfolio! That kind of took me by suprise, but hey, lying, taking credit for filling in other artists outlines, and making things up about other shops might work out for you. Keep up the good work guys!

AUTHOR: Trouble - (U.S.A.)

Any artist around the world will agree that they can only control the quality of your tattoo while you are at the shop you are receiving the work from. Once you leave it is up to you to follow the care instructions provided to you by the artist who you have just received work from. I personally have seen photographs of your tattoo that were taken the day it was finished. It looked beautiful when you lefted that evening Kelly tattooed it! I also personally have used his care instructions and they worked great for myself as well as everyone else I have ever seen follow them as instructed; which includes NOT wearing jeans that are skin tight especially when the tattoo placement is on the hip. In fact, the tattoo is in the same spot as where the outer seam, the waist, the pocket, and even coin pocket, not to mention the metal studs are found on jeans. Yes, I do believe that would cause destructive friction on a hip tattoo. Kelly emphasizes the importance of after care of your tattoo. In fact, I hear him repeat the instructions over and over with each client as to ensure they understand the importance. It wouldn't surprise me if he talks about the care in his sleep he repeats them so much. All it takes is letting your tattoo dry for two minutes and it creates a scab. Treat your tattoo as an open wound.

I also noticed from the photo of your tattoo it is all fresh ink which tells me you sat for the entire pin up in one session. I congradulate you for that! Not many people could endure the length of the pain for a detailed tattoo of that size, not to mention it is a complete fill tattoo; no negative space in your tattoo. Wow, that is impressive, but my question is, knowing the several hours, and by that I mean, extremely long amounts of time needed to finish a tattoo of this size and caliber, how could a tattoo that requires approximately a full day, as far as tattoos are concerned, how could he do this "all day tattoo" when he unable sit for more than ten minutes at a time? Again your claim is not adding up? Can you again see how it is not adding up? If that was the case your one day tattoo should have been a three day event.

In your first complaint you were very clear about how you were only related thur business. You only knew Kelly as an artist that your friend refered you to. If he is as bad as you make him out to be why would someone you consider a friend refer him with such high recommendations? In your second blog your story changed to close personal relationship to him; "we know these people very well probably more then (should be than) anyone that has anything to say on this blog" were your exact words. So which is it professional or personal?

Since you seem to be unclear on the subject of Oxycotin, I have done some research. You claimed he "popped" four Oxycotin at a time, turns out if he had he would be dead twice over. So I hope you are not trying to imply his Oxycotin usage on these breaks he held every ten minutes. That amount would definately have killed anyone before finishing the tattoo! Or at least rendered him unconscious early in the tattoo!! I have yet to see him perform the parlor trick of tattooing while unconscious!

AUTHOR: Brandy - (U.S.A.)

Here's a question for you... why would you sit for the tattoo? You claim that he was popping pills and couldn't sit for more than 10 minutes at a time why stay? Why not go somewhere else? There are plenty of other places to go. Idle Hands is on the other corner why not just get up and leave? Instead you stay and get a pin up which takes quite some time to do. That really doesn't add up to me. This is something that is permanently on your body and Mr. Garnett can't sit for more than 10 minutes at a time?! Plus by the end he has messed it up. Okay so you see the outline why not leave then? Get your money back. Once again you stayed and sat there letting someone who you claim is under the influence of narcotics stick a needle in at least 3 layers of your skin. Can you see where people would have an issue with your claim? It sounds more personal than professional.

Here's another question... what is Oxycotin and what is it used for? Besides being classified in the narcotics family such as Tylenol 3, it's used for moderate to heavy pain. You claim you know the family so well, better than anyone on this blog, why does he need to take such medication? Why has the doctor prescribed such a medication?

Is it at all possible that the problem you experienced wasn't from receiving your tattoo but from the post care you took of it by wearing jeans which then would rub the new tattoo since it is on your thigh.

Just some questions.....

Damage Ink Tattoos suck! (Chandler)

AUTHOR: Deeznuts - (U.S.A.)

This has nothing to do with there bi-polar mental health! truth is we could give a damn about that! the fact is that the OWNER of this buisness is Tattooing under the influence of narcotics!!! they are jacking peoples tattoos and piercings up because he is unable to sit for more then 10min and finish a line! we know these people very well probably more then anyone that has anthing to say on this blog! the city should have shut them down when they had a chance!

Bi-polar?

AUTHOR: Beth - (U.S.A.)

Saying that he is bi-polar should never be an excuse about why not to go see someone. I am a bi-polar body piercer and I have plenty of repeat customers and do my job just fine. I find it very offensive, whether he's popping pills and is a complete screw-up or not, judging someone on their mental health status is as bad as being a racist, and I guarantee I am not the only person who would find that offensive.

Damage Ink

AUTHOR: Brandy - (U.S.A.)

I am a very good client of Kelly Garnett's. He has done a few tattoos for me and is currently working on a rather large piece (a pin up of Bettie Page) for me as we speak. I was rather disturbed to hear that someone would go to such lengths to slander one's good name. Kelly has never been nor would he ever be "under the influence" while tattooing someone. That's just plain silly.

It's unfortunate that some have not taken the time to talk with him to find out just how much he and his family have gone through to get his shop open. After fighting an up hill battle like that why would he ever put himself in a situation that would jeopardize everything he has work for? We are talking about his livelihood here.

It is also unfortunate that some seems to discrimiante against individuals with certain physicological disorders. More than two million Americans are affected by Bipolar disorder, also known as Manic-depression. I would hate to think that someone would feel that someone with Bipolar should not be anywhere near the general public since so many Americans are diagnosed with it. Having this disorder certainly does not prohibit you from working. In fact I'm sure there are quite a few people that you do business with everyday that are Bipolar and you don't even know it.

Tattoos are forever and they're not for everyone but for those of us who love them we know what goes into them. Pain, blood, sweat and tears. So that's why when we get them we take care of them and not let them scab up because that could lead to discoloration. Scarring also can come with the territory. A good artist, like Kelly who has the midas touch, will have the knowledge of his craft to not scar you. If you think about it though that is what a tattoo is...a scar. A scar to remind you of the great time you had in life.

Damage Ink Tattoo Company (Kelly Garnett)

AUTHOR: Deeznuts - (U.S.A.)

We were reffered to kelly garnett (owner) through a mutual friend. he said he had seen him do some awesome tattoos and thought that he would do a great job on my tat. so i went to him and he did my tattoo but, while i was sitting there he kept popping pills? well come to find out he was taking 4 oxycontin pills at a time. turns out he is addicted to them! is Bi-polar also,is the biggest liar you will ever meet! i do not think that anyone should be tattooing anyone under the influence of narcotics or any other substance for that matter! oh yeah, and that tattoo i was telling you about turned out to be the most awful tattoo!! there is so much scaring and discoloration! I'am enbarrased to show anyone! STAY AWAY FROM DAMAGED INK TATTOO's!!! all i can say is that there name matches them perfectly!!!! - ugly tattoo Phoenix, Arizona